Landrover Gallery.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spotted in a hedge not far from me. Real sorry state, was only able to get the pic. from a distance. But have found out who own's it and it may be for sale :cool2:. I hope to get access for a closer luck and get the Mil. reg. Got to see this Landi t'day. Not as bad as it looks, but owner now does not want to sell. Funny story with it. Was used on a free range chicken farm accross the road, used for feeding and transporting chickens :laugh:. The hooks on side of tub were for feed hoppers. The chap had us in stitches, he had to keep it going. Chickens roosted on the bonnet, canvas, seats, even tried to hold on when test driving!! He does hope to get on the road, infact He is now going to make all my brake pipes for restoration project.

For folks ref. This vechice is 23HF38, so what date of build does that give it?

2011-03-18 Sad Airportable (3).JPG

2011-03-18 Sad Airportable (5).JPG

• 3 weeks later...

2qso4ly.jpg

A front view of my 1967 series 2a Land Rover Marshall bodied field ambulance.

1zv3l8o.jpg

....and from the side.

2v0ljs0.jpg

While this is a picture of the front chassis rail (driver side) that I am currently repairing. Thankfully this is the worst of the rot as the rest of the chassis is in very good condition. I actually got about 2lb of sand out of this section of the chassis. I haven't yet found out its service history but this could have been from one of the world's deserts or just from an army training range.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43576[/ATTACH]

any ideas?

I've seen pic's of the Australian Perentie as a flat bed option. It wouldn't be too difficult to attach the comm's equipment to one of those and this looks like it has been done. I wouldn't know if it is an actual Australian Army fitment though.

2qso4ly.jpg

A front view of my 1967 series 2a Land Rover Marshall bodied field ambulance.

1zv3l8o.jpg

....and from the side.

2v0ljs0.jpg

While this is a picture of the front chassis rail (driver side) that I am currently repairing. Thankfully this is the worst of the rot as the rest of the chassis is in very good condition. I actually got about 2lb of sand out of this section of the chassis. I haven't yet found out its service history but this could have been from one of the world's deserts or just from an army training range.

Those front rails were the same on my Series 2A when I got it last year. Reckon whoever put the wheel on the wrong axles on your must have done mine as well!

Paul.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Couple of pics. of my mates 'new' Landi. Getting ready for its MOT. Rather tidy for the £... (promised not to tell) He has been told it was ex. RAF and had been coverted from LHD. Oh. he allso had to have a scrap one as well!! Got a few parts for my project :-D

72 AM 76

Robs Landi, used parts (2).JPG

Robs Landi, used parts (7).JPG

Couple of pics. of my mates 'new' Landi. Getting ready for its MOT. Rather tidy for the £... (promised not to tell) He has been told it was ex. RAF and had been coverted from LHD. Oh. he allso had to have a scrap one as well!! Got a few parts for my project :-D

72 AM 76

Deffo RAF mate

Mark

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

A civilian 90 (1993 County Station Wagon), but a military Mark III wide-track trailer. The trailer was well used during its Army career (latterly with Signals element of 16th Air Assault Brigade) as the brake pads were worn to a sliver. Note the trailer wheels, transferred from an earlier Mark before the trailer was cast.

John.

Tilly March 2011b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Finally joined the fray as a landie owner :-D

bought from another landie enthusiast who recently got himself a bedford MK, and had to make some room (his loss, my gain), here're the photos and notes...

Vehicle type: Truck Utility 3/4 Tonne, 4x4, Series 3, 12v, LWB, RHD.

AVC Code: 1710-1778

MOD Registration: 60KB62

Contract Number: FVE 22A-225 ITEM 2

Date of Manufacture: Not known, but as it's now on an 'A' plate, possibly 1983/4.

Date into Service: Not known

Date Released from service: Not known

Chassis Number: ***************** (What, you think I'm putting that down in PUBLIC?!)

Engine Type: Petrol 2283cc

Known History or information of interest: Nothing Known. History check to be made.

And now three photos...

60KB62-right.gif

60KB62-front.gif

60KB62-rear.gif

Eventually, this will be returned to being a soft-top; I have to lay my mitts on a couple of rear bench seat frames and cushion sets, a tilt and frame, and a few cosmetic items for Living History purposes (like a respray back to the more usual camouflage scheme for an Army Landie of the 80s), but that can wait for the next year or so, until I've got a few basics sorted out (like a 12VDC accessory power socket for my phone!).

Note please, that this Landie will be my means for getting to and from work; as a result, that this was never going to be a 'project' vehicle - it had to work properly, and look reasonable, from the word go, with the exhibiting/Living history side of things being a secondary act. Remember: The best way to get to know a vehicle, is to drive it daily :)

Oh, the green sticker inside the left rear window?

keep-calm-nuke.gif

:evil:

• 2 weeks later...

All pictures where taken by me so know dramas about copyright usage. Sorry for the quality of some .

By the way the Australian land rovers look stunning .:-)

op telic 4

289968_408427865865281_577410536_o-1.jpg

protecting an H.L.S. op telic 4

599637_408431192531615_1843649516_n.jpg

of for a play at lark hill with 101's and 105mm light guns for 5 weeks in 1989

DSC02334.jpg

All the rest are just random pictures taken during service and at shows , enjoy.

IMG00322-20120915-1657.jpg

user_482-206.jpg

Picture202-1.jpg

Picture200.jpg

Picture203.jpg

Picture196.jpg

Picture184.jpg

ooo2.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
I'm fairly certain this is called 'Parakeet'

attachment.php?attachmentid=43576&d=1302069397&thumb=1

cheers Dennis

This looks Australian. It is a 6x6 landrover with a flat tray on the back. On it is placed an STA - Satellite Terminal Assembly. Pretty much a mobile ground station. The legs you see are mounted to give the dish stability, so the 6x springs don't sag and put the dish out of alignment. Once raised on the legs, the land rover can be driven out and used elsewhere. In the front of the STA are mounted two generators, which can be used to power it.

The 6x6 land rover has coil springs up the front, and overlapping leaf springs for the back.

The whole thing seems to be set up on an airfield at perhaps some sort of field day?