Any one on here using diamond.t as there e-bay id please pm me ref the item Thanks David Nesbitt

It appears to be me, sorry if I stole the picture of your DT, have now removed it and have put one of my own on, which I had forgotten I had taken, if you are interested this was one of the last Dt's the Army had, the photo was taken on an open day at Ashchurch Army Camp, Glos, in about 1968/69. I think they only had about 3 left, this one, one which I had tried to bump start using a Humber Pig and a piece of rope, (it was still in the same position as I had left it some months later) & the other one was the one which I had driven, that one was a hard top.

Regards dizzy-t.

2 pictures of me operating a 980 this past weekend, I was pulling a Cat D-7 on a Rogers trailer. I was able to split shift between medium and high range, but could somebody explain the proper shift sequence, as the data plate was missing. The main box is a stand H pattern , but the aux trans I need help on.

John Gott

P9110046[1].jpg

P9110045[1].jpg

hej john. i tell you what i used to do when i tow my 32 ton T-34. other people has probably other ideas but... i´ve found that i stay in normal drive and then only go to overdrive when i,m in 4th. just do a straight overdrive gear change and don´t change the main gear box. on hills you´ll find us a struggle to do a change because of the slow speed. on approaching an up hill i would take it out of overdrice prior to starting the hill and use the main gearbox to start over again. just stay in the main box and go straight to overdrive in top gear. this is what i learnt from mr Terry Weavers and it works.

olle

hi andy, regarding kenny dawes diamond in the scrapyard in erith near dartford kent, i would be interested to know when that picture was taken, i heard the old girl was cut up, i hope the story was wrong . she has a cummins 220 and a fuller nine speed fuller main box coupled to the original three speed transfer box. ken was always having intermediate propshaft problems with her, i hope she,s still with us, all the best tony g.

hi andy, regarding kenny dawes diamond in the scrapyard in erith near dartford kent, i would be interested to know when that picture was taken, i heard the old girl was cut up, i hope the story was wrong . she has a cummins 220 and a fuller nine speed fuller main box coupled to the original three speed transfer box. ken was always having intermediate propshaft problems with her, i hope she,s still with us, all the best tony g.

Criminal to cut her up, a very dooable restoration, even though the drive train had been buggered about. be far more reliable to stick it back to a more original configuration.

Hi Tony , I took the picture last week ! I do a bit of driving for a firm just around the corner from that yard and only found her in there when looking for parts for the lorry I drive ! She may well get cut up if they get around to it I'm afraid ! I told the owner I'd post the pics to try and save her if at all possible ! They have Dawes other old girl there as well ! :cry:

DSC09444.jpg

Hi Tony , I took the picture last week ! I do a bit of driving for a firm just around the corner from that yard and only found her in there when looking for parts for the lorry I drive ! She may well get cut up if they get around to it I'm afraid ! I told the owner I'd post the pics to try and save her if at all possible ! They have Dawes other old girl there as well ! :cry:

Ah, she survives! Would look great with an original cab (if indeed one could be found). Far to good to scrap. Let us know how you get on Tony.

hi andy, thanks for the reply, if you could let me know where the yard is i will try to make some inroads into it , i am back in england for two weeks from wednesday to do some scrounging for bits, hope to hear from you soon, allthe best tony g.

Hi Tony , the firm is Truckbusters and they are on the Darent Trading Estate , Wallhouse Road , Erith . 15 mins from the Dartford river crossing ! Good luck mate ! Unit 5/8 Darent Ind Estate

Wall House Road

Errith

Kent

DA8 2LG

Tel: 01322 339944

info@trucksalesuk.com

Decided it was time to rescue another Diamond T, 980this time,

found this one in Manchester, thought I would mention it because it a cummins engine and fuller gearbox fitted to the standard transfer box which I know was a topic in the recent threads. I have found the british brass plate under the drivers seat. will post the number

soon if some one can help identify it. Steve

Picture 255.jpg

Picture 265.jpg

Picture 264.jpg

Picture 215.jpg

Picture 214.jpg

Tinwork definitely needs attention.

On the other hand, it's sitting very nicely straight and square on the road, so the underneath bits (probably) aren't needing as much work as the on top bits.

Gordon

(still looking for the internal parts of a Tri-Master cab ventillator, got the top shell)

dt.jpg