Fletchers sold me two of the wheels plus a few wheel nuts off that T ,pleased to see it saved.

i though it was lighter than normal when we were winching it on, it actually free wheeled when it ran back off the trailer, i was very suprised as it had been stood for ages.

pm me if you are ever going to be over near Macclesfield, Steve

Have the other two T's gone as well? Doesn't look as though there's much left next to were yours was now. Glad they've eventually relented and parted with it so it doesn't get any worse.

Hi Norman, the other 2 T's are still there and they are not enjoying good health under the trees, they are both ex british, the soft top came with a hercules engine which Ben conv

erted to a Rolls and the hard top was fitted by a Rolls in the army days. when i last asked,

Ben did not want to part with either vehicle, Steve

DSC00049[1].jpg

DSC00048[1].jpg

Dear Les. Went to Toddington 25th Anniversary Steam Fair yesterday, very good, excellent British Army Scammell Wrecker, sounded brilliant, sadly no Diamond T's there, hopefully Adrian can get his there next year. On looking around the stalls, came across two selling mugs, sadly no Diamond T's amoungst them, so have an email address for a firm who will put pictures on mugs, so thought that I would send a nice picture up, as it was me who sent you the picture of the Diamond T "Tank Movers" which you reproduced in your book, just thought I would send that, but just wondered who owned the picture, I know I own the one you copied, so does that make me still the owner of the picture. I bought this picture off ebay many years ago, it was originally in the Saturday Evening Post in May 1943.

Regards from

Richard Smith (aka dizzy-t)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

As this thread has gone a little quiet I thought I would add a pic of one of my 981's and my Rogers trailer. I have had the "T" in the photograph for around ten years now and the trailer around 3 years. The trailer, you may notice has been modified with side raves and pull out steel plates that were added by the army in Belgium. I was told when I collected the trailer they were added to widen the trailer to carry leopard 1 tanks in the 60's but I assume it was never used to carry them as the steel plates are not distorted or damaged at all.

Diamond.jpg

Dear Les. Went to Toddington 25th Anniversary Steam Fair yesterday, very good, excellent British Army Scammell Wrecker, sounded brilliant, sadly no Diamond T's there, hopefully Adrian can get his there next year. On looking around the stalls, came across two selling mugs, sadly no Diamond T's amoungst them, so have an email address for a firm who will put pictures on mugs, so thought that I would send a nice picture up, as it was me who sent you the picture of the Diamond T "Tank Movers" which you reproduced in your book, just thought I would send that, but just wondered who owned the picture, I know I own the one you copied, so does that make me still the owner of the picture. I bought this picture off ebay many years ago, it was originally in the Saturday Evening Post in May 1943.

Regards from

Richard Smith (aka dizzy-t)

I am looking at taking the Diamond T to my works classic car day in July, which will be it's first real outing. Therefore all being well Toddington should be a definate. Sorry I have not posted latley but I did my shoulder in so progress has slowed to a crawl while I recuperate.

Will provide an update soon

A

Evening All

Does anyone out there often wonder just how many Diamond T 980/981's are still out there in the UK?

how could we collect the information, Would it be best by county, i'm sure there is a fan in ever county who could confirm sightings and possible registrations, military reg and type

food for thought??

MACCDT

Well I will start you off MACCDT.

This one above is defiantly still around, being located in Staffordshire.

Thanks for that, thats 2 in Staffordshire as I know of the Ex Crouch Hard top that is based near Leek, The other one i knew of was Ex Italian with a Detroit fitted but that has just been sold abroad

I have 3 (well, two and a half to be correct) in Cheshire, Details to follow

MaccDT

Evening All

Does anyone out there often wonder just how many Diamond T 980/981's are still out there in the UK?

how could we collect the information, Would it be best by county, i'm sure there is a fan in ever county who could confirm sightings and possible registrations, military reg and type

food for thought??

MACCDT

Very good idea, we should really get a register going. I assume there are quite a few out there but to get a better idea could be beneficial in preventing any more being broken up, sad to say it still happens.

ps. dont forget about mine!

Well I will start you off MACCDT.

This one above is defiantly still around, being located in Staffordshire.

Ah, still about then, good to know but i did breifly chat to the owner (about 4 years ago when it was advertised for about £8,000, with that picture). Won't have got any better and so needs to have some TLC.

A

Ah, still about then, good to know but i did breifly chat to the owner (about 4 years ago when it was advertised for about £8,000, with that picture). Won't have got any better and so needs to have some TLC.

A

Either at the end of last year or the start of this one (can't remember when it was) I used to drive past it on the way to and from work on occasions. I noticed for a good few weeks that the bonnet was up on it and it looked as if they were working on the engine, while a blue tarp had been put over the cab.

£8,000 :shocked: wow, no wonder no-one has touched it. It's a shame as it should really be saved but don't think I'd be allowed to park it on my drive, as much as I would like to!