Latest Withams tender list.

Poptopshed

I can see that last release 101 easily exceeding the guide price unless it's a real crock!

Interesting to see some FV432's in this time as well. I thought I read somewhere that there wouldn't be any more armoured vehicles released for some years.

Suppose I'll have to go and have a look for a potential Christmas present for myself.

Looks like they've used it as a training aid, maybe for crane operators to practice with. I bet it's been dropped a few times!

Chris

My old 101 had been used as a helicopter lift/drop training vehicle (as well as an airfield hack). The history and condition of the vehicle confirmed this.

Just got home . Was almost snowing up there in the frozen north this morning (soft southerner here obviously). The Stalwart seats look good Neil , bit dusty but still got the plastic wrapping on . 432's & Saracens were very sad though . Didn't buy anything ..........well.......have to wait and see I guess . :whistle:

DM

The On-Site Inspection Agency's Treaty on Conventional Armed Forces in Europe have minimum requirements for the destruction of AFVs of various types & aircraft.

However there is an exception in the form of "The Procedure for Reduction by means of Static Display" where one of the requirements is "to have their engine compartment filled with concrete or a polymer resin". So maybe this 432 was selected for this treatment.

However there is an exception in the form of "The Procedure for Reduction by means of Static Display" where one of the requirements is "to have their engine compartment filled with concrete

Clive,

That sounds familiar. I recollect preparing a captured 2S1 SP gun from the first Gulf War for a local barracks, and once driven on to the plinth, it was to have the ready mix treatment.

Richard

Clive,

That sounds familiar. I recollect preparing a captured 2S1 SP gun from the first Gulf War for a local barracks, and once driven on to the plinth, it was to have the ready mix treatment.

Richard

Richard, I have here a copy of the treaty. It makes interesting reading although it is rather wordy, not forgetting half of it is in Russian. In Article III there are certain exclusions to destruction:

In process of manufacture, including testing

Exclusively for R&D

Belong to historical collections

Awaiting disposal, having been decommissioned

Awaiting export or refurbishment for export

APCs held & used by organisations for IS duties

In transit for no more than 7 days to an area outside the treaty

Section X covers the procedure for reduction by means of static display, which I note should not exceed 1% of total

Section X covers "Procedure by means of static display" which amongs other things includes the concrete. I remember seeing about 6 Ferrets, including some Malayan ones, at Boscombe Down, these were filled up with concrete. They were said to be to provide heavy loads for aircraft & drops etc

Section VIII provides for conversion to non-military purposes:

GP prime movers

Bulldozers

Fire fighting vehicles

Cranes

Power unit vehicles

Mineral crushing vehicles

Quarry vehicles

Rescue vehicles

Casualty evacuation vehicles

Oil rig vehicles

Oil & chemical spill cleaning vehicles