steviem new jeep

Jerry Jeep

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jerry   the bracket that holds the rear seat upright around the tubular section,  I've taken them to work and had material taken off,  I will try to fit them tomorrow,  hope you are well. 

• 2 weeks later...

3 thin coats don't let it day to much between coats and don't paint it when its to hot a day the paint will become powdery looking its hard to tell you how to spray as I don't think about it I just do it keep a cheque for runs don't put in to much thinners and don't put it on to thick remember jeep have lots of corners for thick paint 

• Thanks 1

Are you spraying or brushing? I got Cromadex for the Dodge repaint. Because of the various seams in the Dodge body, I decided to brush paint it to get into all the corners. I was also painting in the garage where the other two Jeeps were and didn't want to overspray everything.

A panel was brushed out, then followed by rollering with a 4 inch glossing roller to take out the brush strokes. It was fairly quick and has given a finish that looks sprayed. I did four coats in total.

dodge_march09.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That looks great bud   the plan is spray,  very dark drab late war, I already have the paint,  so I'll obviously be taking everything out again seats etc masking , and doing the inside of the tub first,  going to need a gazebo of some sort to deal with overspray always seems to be windy here. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, steviem said:

Went to woodhall spa 1940s lots of military to feast on, 4 jeeps on our site,  one guy had added lead balls in his fuel tank,  anyone heard of this before. 

Yes, it is nonsense 

• Thanks 1

I live only a few miles away so went on Saturday, I probably saw you and didn’t realise. 

Supposedly, lead balls in the tank dissolve into the fuel to help the valve seats. Personally I think it’s a bit of a gamble as I do t see the lead dissolving much.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steviem said:

Thanks guys   the geezer did say he had no idea if it worked or not,  there were some amazing vehicles there even a tank. 

Was that the Stuart? It overtook our park and ride bus as we left. Annoyingly that’s the only time I saw it. When I last went, they had an M18, this time I went to see if it was there and it wasn’t. But the rippled tarmac was there from when it moved off 5 years ago!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...