steviem new jeep

Jerry Jeep

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jerry   the bracket that holds the rear seat upright around the tubular section,  I've taken them to work and had material taken off,  I will try to fit them tomorrow,  hope you are well. 

On one side the gap between seat tube and toolbox was smaller the bracket simply wouldn't go in between them,  it does now I've had a quick look and the holes line up.

• 2 weeks later...

3 thin coats don't let it day to much between coats and don't paint it when its to hot a day the paint will become powdery looking its hard to tell you how to spray as I don't think about it I just do it keep a cheque for runs don't put in to much thinners and don't put it on to thick remember jeep have lots of corners for thick paint 

• Thanks 1

Are you spraying or brushing? I got Cromadex for the Dodge repaint. Because of the various seams in the Dodge body, I decided to brush paint it to get into all the corners. I was also painting in the garage where the other two Jeeps were and didn't want to overspray everything.

A panel was brushed out, then followed by rollering with a 4 inch glossing roller to take out the brush strokes. It was fairly quick and has given a finish that looks sprayed. I did four coats in total.

dodge_march09.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That looks great bud   the plan is spray,  very dark drab late war, I already have the paint,  so I'll obviously be taking everything out again seats etc masking , and doing the inside of the tub first,  going to need a gazebo of some sort to deal with overspray always seems to be windy here.