steviem new jeep

Jerry Jeep

3 minutes ago, Jerry Jeep said:

started up the jeep today first push of the floor starter button good oil pressure only thing i need to do is change the wires on the back of the amp gauge as it is showing a dis charge when it should be a charge i never get it right i drove it out of the work shop and will take it for a run around the farm tomorrow 

P1010404.MOV

p101040.MOV is the link to the jeep running in the work shop 

• Thanks 1

spent today doing a bit more on Steviem jeep working on the wings finished off the drivers side and fitted on, the wing are the ones that were with the jeep also drilled the holes for the black out light  the photos before (page 6) were the  reproduction ones its not far off now   

P1010406.JPG

P1010407.JPG

P1010408.JPG

P1010409.JPG

P1010410.JPG

• Thanks 1

just to let any one know if you need the late type brake/clutch pedal pad i have made the press and can make them for you just the pads are £5 each if you need me to weld them to your pedals i can do this the cost for that is £10 each you get them back blasted, primed with anti slip cover and painted in light olive drab or very dark drab  

P1010403.JPG

• Thanks 1

I think today is the last days work on steviem jeep that involved rebuilding the passengers side front wing and what a job I think i could now weld a tee bag as today that's what i have done it turned out well a bit out of shape so with the help of a big hammer it now fits some body filler ,red primer and the last of the top coat very dark drab then bolted on. Next week end its  back off to steviem and he is going to finish it off just remember i am at the end of the phone, hope you have enjoyed the rebuild as i have and i think i will do the same again putting up the rebuild photos with my next jeep for myself it is a very late ford GPW  no filter on bulkhead, deep mud exhaust and 700x16 tyres all the best jerry   

P1010411.JPG

P1010412.JPG

P1010413.JPG

P1010414.JPG

P1010415.JPG

P1010417.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can't thank this man enough, so glad I chose this option highly recommended workmanship always kept me informed and advised me when necessary,  now down to me to finish the job, just to add i wanted the battle field look bangs dents everything a wartime jeep would encounter. 

• Like 1

today steviems jeep was on its way back to him John picked it up with his truck and a few photos later it was off hope you have as much fun with your jeep as i have over the years with my trucks i got my first jeep when i was 20 and i still have her in the workshop she cost me £1750 along with extra axles gear boxes and engine keep in touch all the best jerry  p.s. the last photo with me the wood across the rad is just to stop the wings flapping in transit 

P1010418.JPG

P1010421.JPG

P1010422.JPG

P1010425.JPG

P1010419.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sure good to have her home,  started on the button and sounds sweet,  tucked away for the evening,  I test fitted the screen,  sits nice and clamps up easily,  needs glass later but for now it's stored where it should be.  Thanks Jerry. 20210626_170255.thumb.jpg.c0011577a9a59be5dd2d555100d041bb.jpg20210626_170241.thumb.jpg.96705c353ce7334756c054320ce32d0e.jpg

• Like 4

I filled them with grease and a bit of oil it will stop when you start driving it the jeep leans because of the extra spring on the drivers side and the new type springs very hard no give only way to stop the lean is make some longer dog bones that fit to the extra spring photo below

download (1).jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still cracking on  managed to manipulate the grill into some sort of shape and the shroud   repaired the holes  welting and felt done   the staples were a bugger   I need some long nose pliers,  black out lights fitted and working as indicators,  thanks Jerry   next headlights then try to bolt up to the fenders,  bottom 3 bolts on the grill line up lovely,  the fenders not so at the moment. 

Cheers Jerry,  drivers fitted nice and snug, I believe it maybe the bracket that needs opening with a  flat file,  that bracket is a replacement,  so now hinge on top of the grill or under it, seems debatable,  I think under is the preferred choice for Willys