steviem new jeep

Jerry Jeep

after 3 days working on the farm loadall  fork lift a broken compensator what a job along with a new hose in the boom and a cheque valve in the tilt ram i spent today fitting the body on to the willys jeep its just a test fit and needs to come off tomorrow for stone chipping and painting the pedals line up with the holes in the body that's a first   

P1010311.JPG

P1010312.JPG

P1010313.JPG

P1010314.JPG

P1010316.JPG

P1010317.JPG

P1010315.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Having cleaned up more parts of the engine i found some one has fitted a back bearing cap that is not from this engine if you get an engine cheque the the stamp marks are the same and match ( 1st & 2nd  photo ) i will have to shim the bearing cap then i striped the gearboxes down not good ( cheque out the T case oil ) the T case is from an m38 or CJ and its been converted to fit a t84 box and the bottom bolt lug has been snapped off and filled with body filler also one tooth on the out put gear has a chip out of it i think i can get around all the problem's tomorrow i will clean all the gear box parts and see what i can save all the best jerry

P1010330.JPG

P1010331.JPG

P1010329.JPG

P1010332.JPG

P1010333.JPG

P1010334.JPG

• Thanks 1

Today took in all the bits that can be blasted with Taff over at Rainsford then its back to the workshop and start building up the engine i have sorted the unmatched bearing cap and i have never seen so many piston rings on a jeep were did they get them as luck would have it i had a set of +20 rings will need to reorder with the next shipment valves re set to 14 thou and head studs fitted with lock tight to stop water leaking up the threads next head cleaned  oil pick up cleaned sump fitted and all the other bits   

P1010338.JPG

P1010336.JPG

P1010335.JPG

P1010337.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend i got all the bits back from the blaster and set about cleaning all the dust off and priming the parts then i finished off the engine sump bolted on along with the fan just waiting for the generator to finish off today i rebuilt the gear box and started to work out how to fix the transfer box as there is a bottom lug of the casting that was missing it is also an m38/cj box and the interlocking grove has not been cut deep enough or in line with the shift rods what a mess i will have to spend some time with it will put up some more photos when i get it sorted   

P1010347.JPG

P1010348.JPG

P1010349.JPG

P1010350.JPG

P1010351.JPG

P1010352.JPG

• Thanks 1

i spray the first coat  that's just the working coat, when its all built up i spray it again in red then  its ready then for green top coat i have sorted the transfer box by making a spacer clamp some new parts should turn up Friday but i will finish it tomorrow and replace my parts used did not have my camera so will take some photos tomorrow for you all the best     

• Thanks 1

to day finished the gearbox and t case rebuild and its time to let the green paint  dry then its bolt and set the clutch cover fit the gearbox's to the engine  photos from yesterday as well the funny wing shaped bit (photo 2) is the spacer/clamp to make up the bit of casting that was missing (photo 1) i don't think it will look out of place what do you think i also had to fit a nut to the centre bolt as the thread had been drilled out (photo 6) 

P1010353.JPG

P1010354.JPG

P1010355.JPG

P1010356.JPG

P1010357.JPG

P1010358.JPG

P1010359.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1