steviem new jeep

Jerry Jeep

Also you may notice that the t.case is from an m38 jeep T90 i made a jig so i could mill cut a grove in the casting to allow for the shift leavers and the interlocking plunger on the T84, the T90 gearbox has all this in the top casting with the gear leaver 

• Thanks 1

todays work i set about fitting the new clutch and setting the finger height then fit the new clutch release bearing and spring then bolt up the gear box to the engine tomorrow i will finish the frame only need to fill the axles with oil and bleed the brakes  and give the frame a last coat of paint 

P1010360.JPG

P1010361.JPG

P1010362.JPG

P1010363.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking amazing a different beast to the one you started with,  love the contrast between the OD on the frame and engine breaks it up nicely,  nervous and exciting times ahead., ps got a fuel gauge on the way.

Today job have fitted the rad and waiting for the new rad  pipes i decided to strip down the starter motor some work needed first its a gpw castings and one of the bolt lugs has been welded on as its cracked off in the past the brush end needed to be skimmed up  in the lath and on stripping down the bendix i found the inside has been smashed up all the brushes need to be replaced as well so its back on to the dealers to find the parts which are hard to find for starter motors 

P1010372.JPG

P1010373.JPG

P1010374.JPG

P1010375.JPG

P1010376.JPG

P1010378.JPG

P1010377.JPG

• Thanks 1

Looks great buddy,  nice to be able to keep the original,  reckon I will get a knackered or empty regulator case to fill the big hole just for cosmetic purposes if anyone has one knocking around drop me a line, I guess we are getting closer to starting her up Jerry. 

as you can read i have started the jeeps engine one or two snags first was to set the ign  timing and there was a damaged fuel valve in the float chamber new one sorted it started up ok and with 60psi oil pressure all was good there tomorrow i will start her up and get up to temp and re pull the head nuts down next is fit the body and start the rewire happy days   

P1010384.JPG

P1010383.JPG

P1010386.JPG

P1010387.JPG

P1010385.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

After a weekend down at Malvern show thanks to Graham and Amanda for a safe and enjoyable show i have been back working on the jeep its wiring  time  should be finished tomorrow fitted the new fuel gauge and restored the amp gauge  then fit the wings and fuel tank make up the fuel pipes this jeep has no fuel filter on the bulk head the pipe line runs down the left hand chassis rail 

P1010394.JPG

P1010392.JPG

P1010393.JPG

P1010395.JPG

• Thanks 1

Ok ,bud I will give you a bell tomorrow,  also great to see some of the original gauges and rotary light switch going back in, long term i will put the original fenders back on too. Glass for original speedo is on order. 

started up the jeep today first push of the floor starter button good oil pressure only thing i need to do is change the wires on the back of the amp gauge as it is showing a dis charge when it should be a charge i never get it right i drove it out of the work shop and will take it for a run around the farm tomorrow 

• Thanks 1