pro's and con's of a fv432

paul connor

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised if they're getting much more than £2200 for them scrap unless the armour plate is regarded as special i.e. not iron. (I know they're not Aluminium this time I've checked). If not why aren't the reserves set lower? Sure there would be more buyers for them at £2500 or don't they want to upset the current owners too much.

At around £2000 the existing owners would probably be interested in buying them for spares, given decent pack and tracks.

Andy

Mike, thanks for the PM. Certainly makes for interesting reading.

At around £2000 the existing owners would probably be interested in buying them for spares, given decent pack and tracks.

If anyone is considering doing this, and I must admit I'm tempted myself at that price but can't really justify the cost for the few parts I need at the moment, then I would be willing to buy a few bits off a spares vehicle.

James

Mike, thanks for the PM. Certainly makes for interesting reading.

If anyone is considering doing this, and I must admit I'm tempted myself at that price but can't really justify the cost for the few parts I need at the moment, then I would be willing to buy a few bits off a spares vehicle.

James

They're a big lump to store for a few useful parts. Not sure many people will be doing it. The danger is that a lot go to scrap and spares become more scarce.

They're a big lump to store for a few useful parts. Not sure many people will be doing it. The danger is that a lot go to scrap and spares become more scarce.

Thats what concerns me a little, future lack of spares. Anyhoo, I need to downsize my collection and breaking my 432 for spares is one of the options I am considering (given the current prices of complete vehicles). Space isn't a problem its just a question of how much everything would fetch and how quickly it would sell.

i work for Renault uk, so we get alot of fuel mix, its one the main reasons i want one. As we pay to get the mix fuel taken away! i may even be able to twist the MD into paying me! haha

Im glad to hear that it simple to road register them, I heard alot of bad things when i wanted to reg my humber pig. About inspections and things from the DVLA. Even when i went to the office they said some one would be out to view and would cost me, a few days later i got all the Doc's and reg through the post.

I have not worked on Tracked vehicles yet so its a bit daunting, but have always wanted a tracked AFV. I have a full renault van workshop so im sure i can do most the stuff i need as well as 6 RTE (renault tech experts ) on call, one ex REME. I have a fair good mech knowledge as well. just the more help the better!

From what i hear the whole powerpack comes out in a cage anyhows, so work on the engine should be quite easy. Just the track is going to be new to work on, but they pull themselves on new tracks from what i have been told

hi

If you need any advice on working on fv 432s running gear and most things 432 related and things to look out for when buying one ill be only to happy to help

regards