Standby for something special.......

Jack

Amazing. I haven't got a tent, but I have got a shovel. No proper loos will scare my mrs off. Pix on the site of kids tied up hasn't exactly got her racing with excitement. So, I imagine the trip would be made by me and Stryker. Water can be brought - but a bowser would be wonderful. Takeaway food is fine by me.

Note to organisers. Light is always a killer. In July it dies around 1800 hrs and this makes snaps flat and pretty useless. Noon-1400 hrs is ideal. So this is when the calendar pics would be done.

My Iltis does 55mph (see this month's VW Driver magazine) - sixty at a push. I shouldn't have bought it - but if you're coming in a Militant then it is a pocket rocket.

Note to anyone from Essex unable to bring a vehicle. I may have some space. But no promises yet. Time will tell.

Well done Tony and Jack.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once we get "into season" will be difficult I agree. What about the 5/6/7 May which is when the early May bank holiday is. So that it could be a Sat/Sun event allowing Monday for the more distant people to travel back. Any earlier will be toooo cold & wet. I assume there would be unlikely to be firing on a weekend with a public holiday?

FANTASTIC..............we will both be in (as long as its not May as we are in Istanbul for the first three weekends)

Lack of onsite Water, Toilet facilities etc can all be delt with as we do at most event. (Our 12 x 12 with on suite allways fits the bill.)

The Ferret can do with a bit of off road excersie and he might even get anouther movment orderr issued and bring the pig as well !!!

Amazing. I haven't got a tent, but I have got a shovel. No proper loos will scare my mrs off. Pix on the site of kids tied up hasn't exactly got her racing with excitement. So, I imagine the trip would be made by me and Stryker. Water can be brought - but a bowser would be wonderful. Takeaway food is fine by me.

Note to organisers. Light is always a killer. In July it dies around 1800 hrs and this makes snaps flat and pretty useless. Noon-1400 hrs is ideal. So this is when the calendar pics would be done.

My Iltis does 55mph (see this month's VW Driver magazine) - sixty at a push. I shouldn't have bought it - but if you're coming in a Militant then it is a pocket rocket.

Note to anyone from Essex unable to bring a vehicle. I may have some space. But no promises yet. Time will tell.

Well done Tony and Jack.

Snapper

Please let the missus know that the kids are the main cause of the tying up as they do the same to us. It genuinely is just wholesome fun and nothing more I can assure you. In fact my Paul is one of the main protagonists as he enjoys the goading and the chase. It may not be PC as in this day and age but its healthy none the less and to be perfectly honest its no more than is happening in school be it public or otherwise.

I'm sure Paul would gladly answer any questions she has in regards to it.

All that said would love to go as would Paul but as most have said will be dependant on the dates due to increasing show commitments

Sounds bloody good well done chaps, but if the public are not to be told about this meet, then is it wise to announce the dates on a public forum???

If this does go ahead then may I suggest that dates are PM'd to everyone who does express an interest.

I will be along if work allows :-D

Mark - I can solve that :-D

But first of all, I hope this has pleased everyone :-D this is actually something really special and we are lucky to be given the opportunity to do this. We are able to go and see places that are usually are out of bounds. All the road crosses will be dealt with via MP's and we may be lucky enough to have a look around Imber village http://www.explorationstation.co.uk/imber.html

This 'HMVF Tour' is all down to Tony Hoare and his good friends so all the thanks must go to these guys.......they have pulled a big fat rabbit out of the hat for us all. There will be rules and regs and this must without question be adhered to at all times - we don't have a chance of screwing anything up for these guys.

I will start a new thread for this in a bit so we can start to get to work. Personally, I can't wait!

WOW!!!! :schocked: :schocked:

I'm definitely interested in going too - whether in a Landrover or a Stalwart depends on a number of things - not the least being whether I've got the Landie running, the date and whether Fords have kicked me out with pay off by then (need that for the Stalwarts fuel bill :shake: )

Can I also say a BIG thanks to Jack and Tony for such a fantastic opportunity!!! :-)

Once we get "into season" will be difficult I agree. What about the 5/6/7 May which is when the early May bank holiday is. So that it could be a Sat/Sun event allowing Monday for the more distant people to travel back. Any earlier will be toooo cold & wet. I assume there would be unlikely to be firing on a weekend with a public holiday?

There is also the late bank holiday that month weekend 26th to 28th May ????

Sounds like fun bit far to drive the fergy but never mind will have to make do with mother in laws garden :evil: :evil: :whistle: I'm sure you will all have great fun :beer:

:beer: :banana: :yay:

Mr T20

Maybe you should chat to Hardypig /hardy ferret he may need a crew for his latest acquisition :-)

Ashley