withams lost my MOD654 forms

Cant understand why i didnt get them with the vehicles anyhow ?

Im struggling to get them road registerd , DVLA have asked me to fill out a V5 /55 registering a vehicle form , first box asks for registration number ?

they aslo want proof of Insurance , MOT and fees for registration and road tax .

Im not even sure what MOT i require for a soon to be Expedition vehicle / camper ? and do i drive it without plates to the MOT station ?

it has been suggested its easier to transfer a number plate from a broken for spares vehicle that was allready road registerd ? is this legal ?

its been over 4 weeks allready and i still cant use them , bahhhhhhhhhhh

cheers

You need 3 things to register them..

- some dating evidence, so mod forms or verification letter from MVT etc

- an MOT done on the chassis number

- valid insurance done on the chassis number.

If you haven't got these then you can't get them road legal.

Plenty of threads on here on this subject.

If you are planning to drive them to the MOT station it is fine with out plates but you must have it pre booked with a station that is near by and take the shortest route. Also check that the station has a ramp big enough for RB44 they are quite wide.

Also it will need to be insured fine on the Chassis no.

If the Dvla decide to inspect the vehicle I am not sure what the rules are I drove my jeep with no plates but it had an MOT by then and was insured. The reason to inspect is to check that it is not stolen and has the correct engine and chassis numbers are good. nothing mechanical.

I thought that Withams wrote them out there and then mine for the DAF was soaking wet and the Ink had run.

It took about 2 weeks for the number to come through ant there was the Tax Disc in the envelope which I almost threw away.

David

cheers guys

will look at options and costs , esiest so far is just transfer a number plate and chassis plates from a breaker vehicle

That doesn't sound legal, and could be a whole lot more trouble than it's worth. Do yourself a favour and do it the right way, it is really not hard!

Doesn't have to be a MVT verification. Im a member of a bike group who verify bikes on a regular basis and they done mine. DVLA office were happy with cert and photos, i got a tax disc/age related reg in post within 2-3 days and v5 in 2 weeks.

Had already MOT'd if, drove it there. Changed insurance to suit when i got reg.

cheers guys

will look at options and costs , esiest so far is just transfer a number plate and chassis plates from a breaker vehicle

If I were contemplating doing this I certainly wouldn't be discussing it on a public forum.

It is perfectly simple to register a vehicle properly with a verification letter and the rest of the paperwork, and there's much less chance that your vehicles will end up crushed by the police.

- MG

I could write a long story on this as I didnt get those forms from Withams but basically...

Land Rover will usually issue a certificate of conformity stating the vehicle complies with all the usual standards and blurb. When its a military vehicle though it can get sticky as it doesnt 'conform' to the usual standards.

When I registered the Wolf LR would not do a COC but they did do a letter stating the age and rough spec of the vehicle. This was enough in the end partly becaue the vehicle was over 10 years old (by literally days) and the DVLA agreed because of this the COC wasnt needed.

I'm sure youll be ok.

I made sure that I received my form from Withams on the day that I picked the vehicle up, they were reluctant to give me the form. Why the reluctance I don't know the scrap of paper that I was asked to sign didn't seem to be correct.

Always better to do it the correct way as it always seems to turn round and bite you if you try any other way. Maybe thats just me

Doesn't have to be a MVT verification. Im a member of a bike group who verify bikes on a regular basis and they done mine. DVLA office were happy with cert and photos, i got a tax disc/age related reg in post within 2-3 days and v5 in 2 weeks.

Had already MOT'd if, drove it there. Changed insurance to suit when i got reg.

Probably OK if the vehilce verified was a motorbike

However the rules state "Authorised signatories should refuse apllications relating to vehicles outside the scope of their club" (DVLA form V765/3)

I dont think the DVLA would be very impressed with a motorbike club verifying the age of half track!!

Also not every club is recognised by the DVLA as able to verify the age of vehicles

im getting no results from DVLA ? i dont think they are too interested without the MOD 654 release docs , Think ill hassle Withams , see if they can send a duplicate or something ? what does a completed form look like ? ive heard they arent very clever looking documents ? :-\

Probably OK if the vehilce verified was a motorbike

However the rules state "Authorised signatories should refuse apllications relating to vehicles outside the scope of their club" (DVLA form V765/3)

I dont think the DVLA would be very impressed with a motorbike club verifying the age of half track!!

Also not every club is recognised by the DVLA as able to verify the age of vehicles

Nope its big and has 4 wheels. The club has verified most vehicles, tractors, cars. Mine was the first MV tho. They covered all info needed, documented it all. Local office was happy, lot quicker and cheaper than mvt.

Nope its big and has 4 wheels. The club has verified most vehicles, tractors, cars. Mine was the first MV tho. They covered all info needed, documented it all. Local office was happy, lot quicker and cheaper than mvt.

If you are member of the MVT its a free service :D and allows you three verificications a year

In my opinion the club concerned is on dangerous ground verifying everything given the comments in the guidance document from the DVLA

Great news

I looked all over the MOD website and found a possible dept that could help , something on Procurements and disposals ?

I sent them a courteous email with all the information i have on the vehicle and RESULT , they have sent me a nice official document stating the vehicles service date , type and use . im quite pleased as its confirmed as a " Truck Heavy FFR HT BATES 4x4 " which makes it a genuine comms / artillery vehicle . ;)

Hi Robin

To be honest i sent several emails to differing departments, and they were all linked from the MOD website . If you go on the MOD website and search about eventually your find the disposals people and their email address , most of it related to property and things i cant imagine , all very bureuacratic , so i dont know exactly which department dealt with my enquiry in the end and posted me the document ? do the same as me and hopefully somebody helpfull can help .

sorry to be a bit vague , but i was chancing it when i tried and i thought i would get in trouble more than get the result i was after .

If you are member of the MVT its a free service :D and allows you three verificications a year

In my opinion the club concerned is on dangerous ground verifying everything given the comments in the guidance document from the DVLA

here we go again...I always like to think that this club is about helping people with sound advice...the club does it the DVLA accept it and all is fine. No other point need be made...