Reporting live from A&E 2012

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally got sorted out now at home, just worked out the home trip took me 3 hrs, just checked google maps for the route I took and it looks like the distance traveled was about 91 miles, so 91 miles in 3 hrs means 30 mph average mph :wow: pretty good me thinks.

Will upload some pics when I get a chance.

Also a very big thanks to all, especially cook house crew and all the D.R.'s how do they do it, beats me :bow::bow:

Jack go and have a lay down you did well again mate can only get better next time.......

Got news for you Ron - I am going to get a bike and join you and your guys - I did warn you of that on Sunday :coffee:

- so inspired by them all.

You'll be very welcome to ride with us Jack. We've got the big one coming up in 2014. We're hoping to top our Guinness Book record of 144 bikes in 2009 with at least 200 WW2 Allied motorcycles.......I've already booked the camp-site. Come and visit my shed sometime. You might get some inspiration. Ron

...excellent pictures everyone, thanks.

Terrific photos Sean ! :)

Almost as good as being there - thanks! Thoughtful choice of image for the end.

Thanks all. I'm sure there's lots more cracking photos to come from everyone. Rosie, glad you're sorted out. Re. the last image, they were in a field by the road near Martinstown; seemed appropriate.

Video now up in two parts, first part is mostly Wynford Eagle hill, second part is Martinstown and some stills from Dorchester:

edit: YouTube seem to have added a strange distortion in places! I made the mistake of using their 'remove camera shake' function. They're watchable, but I'll reload them tonight. Now re-uploaded!

Edit: Links changed to re-uploaded Youtube vids.

Edited by Joris
Links changed to re-uploaded Youtube vids.

When was this taken? 1944??

Amazing pictures coming out - Bernard you are one hell of a snapper :)

Thanks Jack but it really is mostly the camera, and PhotoScape got rid of the road signs and some other guy with a camera in the background..

Have to say that having a veteran looking me in the eye and giving us the thumbs up from his wheelchair, tucked in his travel rug in the corner of a Weymouth seafront shelter as we drove by, was as moving as it gets.

HMVF and A&E has taught me so much since I was a mere Scammell enthusiast. :thumbsup:

jack

glad to hear things went well on the convoy (i did worry about how the weather would be down there for you lot)

sorry i couldn't make it with the carrier but even with me and 2 other guys spending 4 solid days grafting til all hours trying to bash it out we just couldn't get it right and i had to admit defeat, which was down to my leaving it until the last minute. please accept my apology and i hope i can get it right for the next one.

all the best

rick

Here are some pics I took. First four at the camp site.

IMG_5397r.JPG

IMG_5401r.JPG

IMG_5402r.JPG

IMG_5403r.JPG

Friday, School day in Dorchester for the kids.

IMG_5399r.JPG

IMG_5400r.JPG

Martins town by the green.

IMG_5407r.JPG

IMG_5406r.JPG

IMG_5405r.JPG

IMG_5404r.JPG

IMG_5408r.JPG

Edited by R Cubed

I take it the "other guy" was me?

Yep sorry you had to go but if you had been holding up a Box Brownie instead of your non period mega camera you would have added to the scene and could have stayed.. :sweat:

just lucky that was at the start of the weekend when in a fun mood not at the end when stressed as hand would have been throwing things:wow::wow:at the camera

David,

you did a superb job and I am sure nobody really minds that you got a little upset .

If anything was to be arranged in the future then maybe a rotor should be arranged......no help NO food.

Once again,thankyou for your efforts especially under quite difficult conditions.

Gary

Video now up in two parts, first part is mostly Wynford Eagle hill, second part is Martinstown and some stills from Dorchester:

QUESTION !!!!!!!!!!! Second video 2 minuites 13 seconds in, what are the 2 identical trucks ?

where has the video gone?

Edited by Joris

I've fixed the links in the original post and removed the wrong links in other peoples quotes.

My pics are here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/115648956477820632417/albums/5758341429084047633?authkey=CLzBnPS5sbr6uwE

Thanks everyone for this fantastic weekend, everybody made me feel at home and was very, very friendly. Without that these events just aren't fun!

None taken. I'm glad, actually, because I looked ridiculous. I had a WW2 Agfa in my bag - but it decided to die a short time before A&E (broken shutter release) so I had it only in case anyone challenged me over original kit. I'm having similar issues with Simon Thomson's mate (nice bloke - sorry I cannot remember your name) who was on the bend. I'm removing him from my stuff where necessary. You have done a great job with your shot.

Yep sorry you had to go but if you had been holding up a Box Brownie instead of your non period mega camera you would have added to the scene and could have stayed.. :sweat:

Great snaps, Joris. It was good to see you after too long and a pleasure to make acquaintance with Paul. It was a great event and so good to catch up with friends I haven't seen for a while.

I've fixed the links in the original post and removed the wrong links in other peoples quotes.

My pics are here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/115648956477820632417/albums/5758341429084047633?authkey=CLzBnPS5sbr6uwE

Thanks everyone for this fantastic weekend, everybody made me feel at home and was very, very friendly. Without that these events just aren't fun!

The convoy looked an amazing sight from the videos and pictures but a shame more tracked armour wasn't taking part, only 3 tanks from the anticipated list of 12?+, and halftracks, only one of which appeared apparently, was there a last minute restriction imposed or just lots of no shows and cancellations?

Edited by Nick Johns