found a comet

tack9/12l

Nice looking old tank.....:cheesy:...

showing foolish ignorance or whatever.....:undecided:.

but is that turret more or less the same as were on Centurions?

and.....should you set about restoring a tank with damage such as that...........

......(never having messed about with trying to weld armoured steel you understand)....

......would you repair the spang / pock marks / penetration damage (whatever you wanna call it) to the turret by simply filling up with weld?........Yeah I know..hours of work...good stick practice for the workshop 'lad' though! been there you see....done many an hour on a stick set filling similar damage to boiler shells and steam calorifiers in my youth! ...............

or ..........would most folk just grind them off flat, fill with metal filler , then sand them off and repaint ???????

sorry shane am now posted back to germany hohne to be precise ill take some phots of the hards when i can and then to batus in aprill dont think many hards there but have digi cam will travel:D

Good luck with that mate - if you get chance can you get some pics of the batus cvrts as well!!

Cheers

Timbo