M16 halftrack help

happydayz123

Hi all,

My M16 halftrack will be finaly arriving next week hoorah.I need help with the diamension's & pic's of the (smaller) of the two rear storage box's so i can fabricate a new one.These are the storage boxes that fit on the outside on the back body.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheer's

stu

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

First of all thank's chris, i still need the correct measurements for the smaller of the two rear boxes.

Well my M16 halftrack finally arrived on tues afternoon,much to the annoyance of the gaffer AKA r lass.As i'd only walked threw the door unpacked the suitcases from our hol's abroad,when the phone rang from the lowloader com stating "your halftrack is loaded and on it's way to you".

So she's not a happy bunny oh well no pain no game:D.The halftrack is very complete as far as the back is concered with all the brackets ie grenade boxes, thombstone rackes, radio table,floor lockers etc etc.Unfortunatley all the date plates are missing,so if anyone has any original's i'd be very interested.Iv'e tried to upload some pics with no joy so far,so if anyone can help with this.My next goal is too get her running & restore the outside only just for the Ponderosa show.Iv'e now got six haltracks booked in inc mine.Five weeks only no pressure then.A special thanks must go to Ken & Brian who helped with the unloading and helpful advice and know i'm not going to camp next to it.Well not unless my partner kick's me out.

Question why is it when your in, your under there feet & when your out they miss you & state "You never spend enough time with me" :nut:??

cheer's

Stu

Edited by happydayz123

"Question why is it when your in, your under there feet & when your out they miss you & state "You never spend enough time with me"

That's a tricky one Stu, but if you can get the balance right....... Try not getting under her feet when you are at home, that way she will get used to you not being under her feet and will not notice (as much) when you are out....

Ken

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

The halftrack has now been stripped sandblasted & painted.As if ken hasn't got enough to do,with his

own restoration's.Ken very kindly offered his services, along with my good friend Brian to rebuild the engine for me.Many many thanks guy's.Let's see what tomorrow bring's.Finger's crossed she'll be driving under her own steam to Ponderosa.

stu

Never mind the restorations, we've enough on loading fuel into the vehicles for next weekend.

It's been a challenge... But we're getting there.... Could not get number five out without resorting to using Stu's special hammer! The Pugh patented piston persuader managed to get it down, but we could not move it back up and did not want to take the crank out if we could avoid it.

All six are back in now (including a new no5, couldn't reuse that) and she's turning over.

As we said, it's the closest to running it's been in all the time Stu's owned her....

IMG00321-20110630-1410.jpg

IMG00276-20110609-1836.jpg

Hi

Great news about your halftrack, also cant wait to see the pics...does anyone know roughly how many halftracks are now in this country?

Paul

I have got a White M3, so if you want to start counting thats No 1.

• 1 month later...

Hooray,i found the stamped army no today on my HT 4048974 chassis no 276270 which i'm told relates to a build date of May 1943.Most of the outside work is now complete.Now if i can just get the dam thing to run for more than 20 sec's.

I may need your hammer again Ken!!."Not the big one"as it tends to break thing's.:D

I've got an original M16/M16A1 rear bucket holder bracket if you need one? It came with my M3A1, which had previously been an M16A1 (elevated maxon, no fold-down side armour). It needs a good blast/strip & paint and a couple of the folded corners tidying up a little, but nothing major. Looking for £20 for it + P&P.

If you have your frame number, then hit the Tracked section of g503.com and Joe De Marco will probably be able to give you all manner of build information, maybe even the ORD number assigned to it (for the dataplate). Good to see you found the orignal hood number (40xxxxxx) - was it stamped into the front bumper?

I'd imagine most of your time is spent keeping the fuel tanks topped up!! Half-tracks need deep pockets, that's for sure.

Thank's for putting the pic's up Ken.As you can see in the pic's the front bumper winch motor guard is missing.It's located just underneath the front bumper if anyone can help.Hi Chris many thanks for the offer of a original bucket bracket,alas i already have one not yet fitted.You can stop pestering me now Rick :D

Ha Ha the bit's & pieces "is" simples.My first fuel bill may hirt a little though :-D

cheer's

stu

Whats this "MAY" bit ????????? , but I dont suppose that you will notice it untill you have to fill her up again, have fun, I`m sure that you will.

Hi Enigma,

My HT reportedly came out of a museum in Belgium on out door display.White HT's were never used by the British.So maybe an odd stencil they had knocking about. There's no other British or American marking's other than those on the front of the vehicle.

cheer's

Stu

Hi All,

I'm still looking for the following White halftrack part's if anyone can help please.

American speedo not French

correct black dash voltmeter

The two duel horns

glove box lock & key assembly

Any help leads would be greatly appreciated.

Cheer's

Stu