Fuel

griff66

going to start filtering wast veg oil ready for the Scammell. You can ues 2500 liters without paying duty. Need to look into regestering with the relavent people first. I'm pretty sure the old Meadows will burn anything

For those of us with 15 year old cars the old joke about filling the fuel tank and doubling its value looks like becoming true soon :laugh: ,

£120 to fill the landcruiser up last saturday and that was at £1.35 liter .

Bet the price never drops again when the Libiya thing ends.

In fact why has the price gone up ? Didn't the Saudi's step up production to make up for the loss of Libiyan oil ?

I don't think I'm that old but I can remember when 50p got us a gallon of fuel and if several school mates clubbed together we could spend all weekend racing around the farm in our old ford anglia that we cut the roof off with an angle grinder.

A cohesive & well organised & protest is what is needed, & supported by everybody.

(NO, dont ask ME, I wouldnt have a clue!) :red:

What we need is advice from French lorry drivers. Didn't they bring France to a standstill not so long ago? :angel:

What we need is advice from French lorry drivers. Didn't they bring France to a standstill not so long ago? :angel:

Good idea they did it with fuel in their tanks.

Way it is going we will bring the country to a standstill without fuel in our tanks.

Mike

PS: Not quite sure why I am fixing up the second tank for the Land Rover.

Perverse of me I know, but it does give a certain amount of satisfaction that we are all now paying about the same for fuel across the country, we used to be a minimum 10p/liter more expensive than the rest of the country, now its just 2p!!

Its sad to think I now have a monthly drip account to save up petrol money for summer touring trips in the Ambulance.....

With Biodiesel at £1 a litre now, the daily driver is getting expensive too, 280L a month is getting pricey.............:undecided: I still wouldn't change to a modern vehicle though, I stubbornly refuse to, 40 year old nissan-powered landrovers are the future!! :laugh:

Alec.

" pull up a soap box"

We can all sit and type and moan but to be honest it wont get us any where .As a country we just moan then get on with whatever is loaded on top of us .

I personally am gonna give up driving when fuel gets to £2 a litre that'll show em but in the mean time i'll sign a facebook etc etc petition and boycott shell esso etc on the days that i dont need to fill up my tank cos i filled at tesco on sunday morning

Anarchy i live it

sharky:box::drive::box:

At the risk of straying into the realms of the dreaded "P" word:

Fuel costs have a circular effect and sadly it seems those responsible for governing the country appear to fail to grasp this..

Fuel costs rise - transport costs - price of goods rise - firms cut back (easiest way by cutting heads) - welfare claims rise - drain on state funds rises - more tax needed - fuel costs rise - and so forth

In addition we are now seeing haulage companies unable to absorb the increasing costs and trying to pass these on to their clients - clients cannot absorb it so decline and drop the contracts - haulage firms fold and put more out of work...

People need to commute to work - fuel costs stop them using cars so they resort to public transport where available - increasing fuel costs drive up public transport costs - people can no longer afford to commute - yet more unemployed - public still needs to eat and pay bills - welfare claims rise - and so forth........

I looked at a position recently with Boeing based in Bristol. Relocation was not feasible as my daughter is still at Uni so it meant a 2 to 3 hour commute each way. That I could put up with but the cost would have been around £2,500 a month - more than I would have been earning!! TfL have told my daughter the expected flat fare rate will be £4 by the end of the year (Tony - you heard of this at all?).

And thats without considering the effect it will have on our hobby!!!

Hear Hear! Which engine are you running Rangie? 2.8, 3.3? Surely not the 4.2? :wow:

Nissan 2.8, LD28, 95bhp, no turbo to shock load things, plenty of pith for towing and cruising and fitted as standard with the big brother of the Bosch VE Injection Pump and indirect injection, i.e. it LOVES Bio/Veg..... :D

Next up to do is 3.54 ring-gear/pinion in the salisbury and a rangie diff up front. Its goodbye overdrive then........ Standard truck apart from that, (well, FW hubs too), keep it simple/maintainable is my motto..... :cool2:

Alec.

I have just spent a small fortune, three tank fulls of 300 litres of diesel for the daf, one tank full of petrol for the zil 175 litres, my credit card is busted and I will not be able to afford to go anywhere by car for at least three months, Lief here I come

Can you fir electric motors to the daf the zils the stalwarts and the urals etc..maybe even teh fv432...hmm

Tony B

Disiel at £1.40.9 ! At one garage round here, a penny more than last night.

Passed my local Esso a 4pm -came back at 9pm prices had risen by 4p a litre but as Sharky says

As a country we just moan then get on with whatever is loaded on top of us.

Steve

You could probably fit motors to each of a Stollys wheel stations - but you would not be going anywhere fast (in Stolly terms) and the load bed would be packed full of Lithium Ion batteries..... :nut: :nut: :nut:

Alternative to the batteries would be a couple of diesel generatore. Nope don't solve the fuel issue.

Could install a coal fired power station on the back. Mind you might as well do away with the electric motors and go steam powered in this case.

Mike

ArtistsRifles

At the risk of straying into the realms of the dreaded "P" word:

Fuel costs have a circular effect and sadly it seems those responsible for governing the country appear to fail to grasp this..

Neil I think you got it susinctly, the current situation is a-political -that is a problem of governance irrespective of who is the government.

Too long has governance regarded the public as something to milk -a prime example is the ingenious schemes to exploit new sources of taxation -insurance tax levy was an example -have a drug/crime fueled-distressed society where policing is strained -so the authorities think "let's surcharge insurance" -which people regard necessary because crime is so high -who is responsible for the failure of policing -the same people milking the insured victims, circle complete again.

Other taxation is adding to society breakdown, vat at 20% has become a tipping point- people faced with £1 in 5 disappearing into the treasury are defering marginal expenditure -so property isn't being maintained -which will lead to further problems later.

Steve

mike65

Could install a coal fired power station on the back.

Strange I thought every one of those tree hugging Nissan electric cars about to solve our environmental problems had a coal or gas powered power station on its back:D

Steve

Strange I thought every one of those tree hugging Nissan electric cars about to solve our environmental problems had a coal or gas powered power station on its back:D

Steve

Those things are no good for tree hugging. By the time you have built up enough speed to wrap it aroind a tree the batteries go flat and you grind to a hault. Suppose it makes them safe though.

Mike