Probably not the best way to load your vehicle on the low-loader....

Tunnel_Rat

"oooops, I seem to have slipped" ??

In one of the games of the Command and Conquer franchise (possibly Tiberian Sun?) NOD can develop an experimental "UFO".

Get one of yours shot down and you hear the pilot go "Oops" just before ploughing in. It always amused me. Haven't played it in years. In fact, that particular game was rather single-threaded and I never thought a bundle of it, but it was almost worth it for that "Oops" and whenever such an "Oops" moment occurs, the image flashes back.

I helped my mate load his Cletrac on a hired trailer.

Because the trailer was delivered without ramps we used a different set and improvised.

I stood on the trailer to guide but it was soo steep that he couldn't even see my raised hands for guidance.

It smacked on the traile nicely centered though.

Witnessed a Chieftain go off the side of an Antars trailer at Hohne back in 74, can't say the Polish TTR crew were overly impressed about it either. It did`nt flip onto its side but it did end up wedged against one of those huge triangular concrete bollards outside each tank hanger door.

The crew had to drive the Antar & trailer from under it.

H

I have a horrible feeling I have told this story before?? I blame the Alhzeimers (sp?)

Exactly the same thing nearly happened to my FV438 with my no 1 son in it. After a bit of maneovering on the kneck of the trailer, it ran away and ended up with only two wheels on the bed on one side and three wheels hanging in the air, hull teetering, waiting to fall over. No 1 son is hanging on to steering sticks with all of his might, eyes like dinner plates. His 4 year old son rushes up "Dad, Dad Dad!!!!!" "What Daniel?" says no 1 son, looking down, "My water pistol needs filling" says Daniel. No 1 son was so astounded he forgot to swear for ages afterwards!

Witnessed a Chieftain go off the side of an Antars trailer at Hohne back in 74, can't say the Polish TTR crew were overly impressed about it either. It did`nt flip onto its side but it did end up wedged against one of those huge triangular concrete bollards outside each tank hanger door.

The crew had to drive the Antar & trailer from under it.

H

Seen a photo of that some were

Al

John, the story of your 438 and your son, has just had me in stitches, i was reading it, imagining the worst, then it ended up being the water pistol! :D thanks

My friend was telling everyone about loading and lashing down, he then went on to load his fox, and had to move his truck a few meters, but did not bother to lash it, guess what!!

Yes, it slipped off :red:

My 2d worth, the 1st attempt to recover the red cavalier wreck off the OTA.

Photo doctored to protect the innocent;)

pulled on to the trailer so far so good,:-D

Oops:wow:take your pick no tracks, damaged wheels, camber of car park, too narrow a trailer (extensions not in use) whatever.

Of course there was the desk jockey who advised the transport guy that the A24 was the same as an A15 Crusader in dimensions and weight -I expressed my views - but then I'm just a geordie oik -I did become slightly worried when the driver said "is that the Otterburn in West Yorkshire?" :wow:

Steve

red cavalier recovery 1.jpg

red cavalier recovery 3.jpg

red cavalier recovery 2.jpg