fuel

griff66

20p lucky git ours are all 50p now:mad:

Same here..... At least fuel was only £1.189/litre for unleaded and add 2p for diesel as of last night..

Seriously worried about what it's going to cost by the time W&P comes around....

Not just for the operating costs of the vehicles but the transport costs in getting there too......

nothing like that here, think its a bit more than 50pence a gallon in states

Chatting to a friend in The States just before Christmas & she told me it was around $3 a gallon then , about to go back up to $4 .

The local garage on Mersea Island was charging £1.32/gallon for diesel before Christmas but apparently he sells better quality fuel....or at least that's what he tells the gullible that ask !

Ref. Tyre pump

woa2 said

'....and my local petrol station has replaced its free tyre pump with one you need 20p for.'

That's INFLATION for you!:D:D

Guess it knocked the wind out of you, leaving you a bit deflated.. :-D

Its the wind of change but lets face it you can hear coming it in the air tonight.

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind.

Filled up the Land Rover Sunday before christmas so I could play in the snow and it was £118.9 filled car up on Sunday 2nd ant it was up at £123.9. Not been past garage since.

But worse tjhan that is beer has gone up.

Refuse to pay for air after trying to inflate tyres on an X5 and having to at 50p again and again as they have a time limit.

Mike

I suppose i'm lucky in that furthest i have to travel to a show would be llandudno which is about 40 miles away, there is another one at a caravan park near there too i would like to go to also. So at best the Scammell might do 10 to the gallon, £6 odd a gallon thats £24 each way plus some for playing when you get there:D so £50 odd might do it. At worst it will do 5 miles per gallon and cost me £100 still not bad for a long weekend drinking, camping and playing with a bloody big truck.

I might ask my boss if he would like to advertise on the side of it in return for a tank of fuel on the works account:cool2:

It's £132.9 a litre for diesel here. There is going to be a time in the not too distant future when people are not going to be able to afford to get to work. EVERYTHING is going up but wages stay the same. Most companies don't even pay overtime rates anymore.

It costs me £240 a month in diesel just to get to work. I'm looking at buying a motorbike as the one I'm looking at does 65mpg, then it's cheaper servicing, cheaper road tax at £70, cheaper MOT, but insurance the same as my Hilux. I put £20+ more PER TANK in my Hilux than I did back in 2005 when i got it. Now that's inflation!!!!!:cry:

You lot are bloody lucky!!!

1.34 for unleaded and 1.39 for diesel up here!!! :shocked:

The Orkney and Shetland Islands are usually a good 5p more than us as well.

Make it a uniform price across Britain is what I say, then we can all gripe together!

(As if we don't all gripe about the price of fuel anyway!)

Yours, Disgruntled,

Alec. :cry: