What?! No Saracen Gallery?

montie

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy who took this video is on the forum :)

He sure is... that video was taken early 1993. I eventually purchased the Abbot. More video, Abbot actually moving at Jacksons, here.. http://www.youtube.com/user/PaulNDonovan?feature=mhee

Some interesting videos on my youtube channel.. CVRT Striker & Abbot have their own playlists... look and the "Military Vehicle" playlist for a brief video of my Saracen mis-firing plus Ferret etc. The Wright Whirlwind Radial engine videos are worth a look also.

My Saracen came from R & R Services was restored by me and then sold back to them.

Cheers

PD

He sure is... that video was taken early 1993. I eventually purchased the Abbot. More video, Abbot actually moving at Jacksons, here.. http://www.youtube.com/user/PaulNDonovan?feature=mhee

Some interesting videos on my youtube channel.. CVRT Striker & Abbot have their own playlists... look and the "Military Vehicle" playlist for a brief video of my Saracen mis-firing plus Ferret etc. The Wright Whirlwind Radial engine videos are worth a look also.

My Saracen came from R & R Services was restored by me and then sold back to them.

Cheers

PD

also... static video of a Saracen and Ferrets at Withams in 1993

In 1996 when I was roaming around Jackson's and Witham's, with very little knowledge of military vehicles, I did not fully appreciate what was available and more importantly that the variety and prices may never be seen again. Certainly wish I was at a more prosperous point in my life.

Regards,

Bob

7.jpg

4.jpg

Hi guys, going through the video links you posted, I came accross this Australian Saracen. Rick Cove posted a list of Australian Saracens some time ago but this particular Saracen's number doesn't feature.

Would any of you perhaps know how many sarry's went to Australia, or more detail of this MV?

115 876.jpg

Monte,

I think this is one of the saracens at the Royal Australian Tank Museum at Pukapunyal http://www.armytankmuseum.com.au/i-vd.htm . I recently built a model of a Mk V saracen from a kit by KFS and did toy with attempting a conversion to an earlier Mk. But after visiting the museum and taking a few photos and looking at the work involved, I decided against it.

The photos I took were not brilliant but I could post a few if you are interested. I also blogged the kit build on the Military Modelling Mag web site.

Cheers Nik

Hey Nik,

I didnt realise you were on board here:laugh: welcome.

Montie is the bloke to talk to if you fancy a crack at a REALLY interesting Saracen project in future. Montie has the South African Saracen 88 I think I mentioned to you a while back.....very do-able too.

Cheers.......Howard @ KFS

• 3 weeks later...

Done my first bitr of work on a friends Saracen (Sally) this last 2 days

when rubbing down paintwork on the rear to the right of the door there was a white number 88 what could this be and also the

brown sound proofing is in shxx order where could we get some more?

by the way reg is 82BA85

Done my first bitr of work on a friends Saracen (Sally) this last 2 days

when rubbing down paintwork on the rear to the right of the door there was a white number 88 what could this be and also the

brown sound proofing is in shxx order where could we get some more?

by the way reg is 82BA85

Hi

Do you mean the creamy brown stuff stuck to the inside? If so try Tim or Preston at Cobbaton Combat in Devon, they have a roll of it, bought some myself when they had their dig out earlier this year.

Cheers

Paul

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
i noticed on the register that my friends Saracen 82BA85 is listed as having ANTI RPG MESH fitted doies anyone have any pic's or info on this

Ian

This was known as a Kremlin II upgrade - there are pics now shown - the mesh was to deflect RPG's.