What?! No Saracen Gallery?

montie

A+ S Yard Sale, Sunday 5th September 2010

Mildly unrelated, any Saracaneers planning on going? i have things i REALY should be doing on the 5th but it is just down the road and i could really do with going to this and scoping out parts and prices.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A+ S Yard Sale, Sunday 5th September 2010

Mildly unrelated, any Saracaneers planning on going? i have things i REALY should be doing on the 5th but it is just down the road and i could really do with going to this and scoping out parts and prices.

It will be nice to get some feedback afterwards. Any others going? Take some pics, please.

• 2 months later...

some new picture additions. VRN and some interior shots. Not the best quality because it was dark and too much snow to clear to open any hatches.

VRN plate was mounted beneath the last seat on the left hand side by the back door. I took a while to find and i was unable to find any other markings because of poor light.

Think i might make some kind of canvas/dpu hood to cover the turret.

Now being of slightly more limited financial resources for the foreseeable future and not overly keen in trying to find, buy and fit original radio and comms features do i;

A: leave the power system in place and just tidy up the cabling.

B: strip everything back to bare hull and not have half a system there.

C: strip the electronics and install a new system. (Primarily intercom)

I know the poor old dear has been abused enough in her time on civvie street and i am keen that what ever i do is done in a caring and sympathetic way.

Edited by DP1981

some new picture additions. VRN and some interior shots. Not the best quality because it was dark and too much snow to clear to open any hatches.

VRN plate was mounted beneath the last seat on the left hand side by the back door. I took a while to find and i was unable to find any other markings because of poor light.

Think i might make some kind of canvas/dpu hood to cover the turret.

Now being of slightly more limited financial resources for the foreseeable future and not overly keen in trying to find, buy and fit original radio and comms features do i;

A: leave the power system in place and just tidy up the cabling.

B: strip everything back to bare hull and not have half a system there.

C: strip the electronics and install a new system. (Primarily intercom)

I know the poor old dear has been abused enough in her time on civvie street and i am keen that what ever i do is done in a caring and sympathetic way.

Thanks for the update! I suppose it all depends on spares availability and prices, maybe some digging, scrounging, begging and helpful souls on HMVF can help? Standard would be very fitting, though!

• 1 month later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]40095[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40096[/ATTACH]

My Fathers old Saracen restored after he passed away by friends from the N.H.V.S.

Very well done!

Do you have the registration number of the vehicle, maybe? Mine was immediately underneath the L/H escape hatch.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28093&d=1275414669&thumb=1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ah! on my second look at the clip I saw it's at Jacksons.... were my saracen came from, before Ian Young had it!... I'll have to look again, and see if I can see my one amongst them....:D