montie

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA....Saracen Drifting.....Lovvvvin it. :rofl:

We should stop now....local shop has run out of man size tissues. :cool2:

H

They are excellent drifting vehicles..... try it in slippery mud, or on a smooth damp/wet field....:cool2::-D:cool2::-D:cool2::-D:drive:

Interestingly the one in the scrap yard leaning on the blue skip has the 3 part rear door set up (a.la Pig stylee,) with a separate top flap & the anti RPG Kremlin mesh. Only seen one other with the separate top flap so far.

Drifting...try it on compacted ice in a Cent ARV while towing an ex Bundeswehr M48 hulk. At least in a Saracen you can throw some opposite lock on. Have to say I did`nt know which stick to pull first....brown trousers !!

H

Edited by RecyMech

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am updating a Saracen register and in the process of linking photos to the entries. I will place no limitation of use on the register and will be free to any interested person and be posted on HMVF as its property. Hopefully I am not breaking any rules, the moderators must please advise if I do.

Saracen pictures, especially some pics from Foolshumor, John Pearson, Andyroo, Fasttrax, Berna2vm, Handler 69, Mwarrior, Val, are needed. I sure I have missed some other Saracen owners, it takes hard work picking owners up from the threads.

Any other Saracen pics are welcomed, better yet if the numbers are visible readable, ChasSomT made a promise to yet make good on

I don't know if it's of any interest, but having just found some old photos of my days with

'A' Sqn. Royal Yeomanry, I have started listing the Army Reg. Nos. The dates are from 1975 to 1986, and include Ferrets, Saladins, Saracens, Foxes and some 'B' vehicles. I've only found a few photos at the moment, but now I've started, I'm eager to find the rest I'm sure I've got.

So far, what I have found is :

Saladin 07BB16

Saracen 82BA44 (APC)

Saracen 81BA45 (ACV)?

Ferret 36BA15

Ferret 01CA38

Ferret 01DA22

Fox 08FD64

Fox 08FD94

Fox 09FD18

Fox 09FD25

Fox 09FD36

Fox 10FD44

Fox 11FD20

Bedford MK 48GB28

Bedford MK 00FH90

As I said, I'm sure I've got more somewhere, If anyone's interested.

We already had a lot of great Saracen pics from Les Freathy and wishing for more. Come on please Les, add some more please? If at all possible, the names of owners can be included. Even just links to photos are welcomed.

Hi gents,

I wanted to upload the register, but the file is much larger than the upload limit for the forum. Sorry, I will have to e-mail it to interested parties. It is nothing fancy though, just a list of numbers (known and unknown) hyperlinked to available photos.

There are still lots of South African Saracen 88's out there, I will also log their numbers with pics as we go. Have yet to see one that is not a Saracen 88 in South Africa!

Hi guys,

The Saracen register this far, constructive criticism welcomed! I know this is probably not necessary but, when you move the cursor over the highlighted blue section, you will see a little hand appear, press and hold in the Ctrl button while also right clicking on the mouse. This should take you to a pic of the Saracen in question.

Saracen Register[1].pdf

Edited by montie

Hi guys,

I have been aware of this for a while and have not seen this in any post yet and I don't think I missed it!

The originator is too modest to upload it himself and with his permission, here it is.(This address is different, let's hope it works!) Enjoy!

I acn't get the link to work YET! Here is a link in the meantime http://www.youtube.com/user/safariswing#p/u/4/vJy04qaVXJs

Edited by montie
Link not working

Hi guys,

Here goes, trying to upload the register, still a very long way from being finished. Still lots of numbers missing and pics missing for numbers listed. I am just worried it is getting too big to upload.

There must still be a lot of inconsistancies and incorrect info on the register. All advice, info, pics and criticism is welcome.

No ways, saved it as a PDF file but my internet connection seems to be too slow, will try again tomorrow afternoon.

I am being confused by data of this Saracen, 81BA57. There are two versions of it on the register, http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?16817-Saracen-Build-up/page27 and now have found 2 different versions of it on Youtube???

claiming it to be on Tank Park, Follingbostel

and the other at Allenstein, Bergen Hohne

The two on Youtube appear to be the same but a far cry from the two on the register, do we have an imposter?

My Sarry when the previous owners collected her from the police impound yard. Stale fuel and uncharged accumulators and all.

Sounds like she is running light but if you look at the other videos they have she was running ok before hand.

Edited by DP1981

My Sarry when the previous owners collected her from the police impound yard. Stale fuel and uncharged accumulators and all.

Sounds like she is running light but if you look at the other videos they have she was running ok before hand.

Interesting history on this sarry, good thing she now has an owner that wouldn't cause as much trouble or go looking for it!? Post some pics for the register please and add the registration number! Good luck with her!!

Current condition current standing state

Engine bay front left engine bay left hatch

Emgine bay left sad poorly looking cooling fins looks like someone stood on them!

http://flic.kr/p/8u7Z3c engine bay right hatch

Will be drafting in some help when i get her to her new home. There are papers that accompany her with details and reg, apparently she spent most of her life in a storage yard.

More news as and when.

Current condition current standing state

Engine bay front left engine bay left hatch

Emgine bay left sad poorly looking cooling fins looks like someone stood on them!

http://flic.kr/p/8u7Z3c engine bay right hatch

Will be drafting in some help when i get her to her new home. There are papers that accompany her with details and reg, apparently she spent most of her life in a storage yard.

More news as and when.

Thank you very much for sharing! Interesting hobby to accompany the Saracen!

Hello Guys

I found this VRN document on t'internet. It lists quite a few saracen number and variant. Hope it will be some help with the register if you haven't already seen it.

Cheers

Matt

word doc too big up upload, so have zipped it.

Hi Matt,

This document indeed has a lot of Saracens listed and it has been incorporated into the register. Thanks a lot for the help!:tup::