Does Your Girl do it?

Topdog

What a wonderful day today. Uncovered the Ferret and took it for a blast to dry off the winter snow. For the first time, Val had a go.....on a quiet country lane near us.

I think getting in and out was harder than the driving.

ValDriving5.jpg

ValDriving7.jpg

My better half :angel: I had a go at teaching her to drive , after trying to teach her how the gears work 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th but you won't need the last two , showed her clutch control and how to get a feel of it ( clutch peddle before you start ) after several attempts of stalling I told her that first is the lowest gear 5th the highest I then proceeded to show her how to control the clutch again but this time setting of in top gear and only touching the clutch peddle , she managed after that but I was rather pi55ed off after three quarters of an hour trying to push the bloody car out of a field , she just said you didn't tell me when to turn :undecided: , shortly after that I let her have a go in a Range Rover in low box she liked that and we never got stuck in the field :-D ,, If I just drive the slightest off road she goes mad but not the sister in law she really likes it ( driving off road that is :red: )

Doesn't seem keen on "having a go" but she loves being driven about in old Land Rovers and the like. I will get her behind the wheel of one someday...

P1000708.jpg

Trying to persuade her to get a classic car too, but as she's pointed out, one of us has to have a car that starts more often than not :-D

I have driven the cubes Jimmy, only in the empty Overlord site mind you! Have often thought about getting a little old car that I can drive and get the cubelets in the back safely but its just the expense of it all at the moment :-(

My girl, 'Nikki', has had a go at mastering the black art of the pre-select gears in my Saracen, and she took to it like a duck to water, but says she wouldn't be confident enough in traffic on the open road, and it made her leg ache alot too....:-D