Beltring, who's going?

Hi Guys and Girls.

Thought I'd make a new topic about the show.

Who's going with which vehicle?

I'll be going with my brother in a White Renault Express delivery car marked as a UN vehicle. :shock:

It's a cheap option instead of driving the Dodge or Jeep from the river Maas to Dunkirk, take the ferry and then to beltring.

We did go with the Jeep once, also the WC 52 and after selling it for we also went with the WC 21. :wink:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there with the Stalwart (still waiting for the booking pack to arrive - (changed the booking from the previous owner and paid over the phone last week). The vehicle is booked in on the America's field and the Essex Armour and Softskin crew have kindly offered to let me go in with them - VERY useful as this is my first ever visit to the show in any way, shape or form.

Currently planning on arriving on either the Wednesday evening (19th) or Thursday morning (20th) - depends on whats happening at work and so forth.

What days are everyone else planning on arriving?? Or is everyone else going to be there from day one??

(edited to add dates to arrival days)

Mark,

Who can I contact to arrange a reserved space for our group? We always arrive on the Monday, last year we got there, set up our tents etc and were told we had to move. We were then put in a stupid place in the middle of the field down some tiny tracks. Not useful when we had 2 CVRTs to move backwards and forwards to the arena. This year we have a 432, the CVRTs again, a Ferret and a Fox plus the softskin vehicles. We'd like to reserve a space if at all possible, especially as we like to do all the arena events.

Cheers,

Chris

Chris

If you can get hold of Rex or Barbara vis the website/email and tell them that you want to do all the arena events, then they might be able to get space reserved for you, if you camp in the America's field then it is normally first come first served, if you can get in the Marshall Field? above the re-enactors then that would be easier for getting to the arena, for that try contacting Malcolm Dunlop on events@imps.org.uk he is the "Field Marshall" for that one and may help out there, probably your best bet if you explain nicely :D

Registration paperwork turned up today - got the ticket for the windscreen and a nice map of whats where and when.

The music selection sounds good to me the nights I'm there :-) :-) Really looking forwards to this one - even though it looks like I might well be having to collect the Stalwart from East Sussex on the Wednesday night!!

Plans for getting her home seem to be continually frustrated right now - I must have a hell of a lot of bad Karma catching up with me :cry: :cry:

Are you staying till the weekend??  If so - make sure you stop by and say hello!!

If I stop by and say hello, can i drive the stolly again :-D

Ooooh - dunno about actually driving  :roll: :roll:

Got a funny feeling the trip to Beltring is going to be the first time I get to take her out, way things are going so I could be permanently glued to the steering wheel - with a manic (maniac???) grin etched on my face.....    :lol: :lol: :lol:

See me on the day!!!!!!  :lol:  :lol: