Cant belive what I saw on the ferry ????

Maverick

On Saturday the 24th October I boarded the 4 am ferry to france and was parked near a very interesting collection of vehicles all in one ? I'm surprised it made it down the road let alone onto the ferry. Also why didnt the police etc pull it

FERRYPIC.jpg

If someone can brighten up the photo you will see the way all the back wheels of the two vehicles are only just resting on the tailgates

(military content for this posting is I was on the ferry becasue I was doing a WW2 museum tour in Belguim that weekend)

You think thats bad. I had a Ford Ka in today at work. No sills left on either side, and I mean nothing left. Totally rotted away. Chassis had completely rotted away near the suspension points. It was extremely dangerous and shouldnt have been on the road , yet it passed an MOT somewhere 3 weeks ago. Not by us I hasten to add. If only I had a camera there.

On Saturday the 24th October I boarded the 4 am ferry to france and was parked near a very interesting collection of vehicles all in one ? I'm surprised it made it down the road let alone onto the ferry. Also why didnt the police etc pull it

FERRYPIC.jpg

If someone can brighten up the photo you will see the way all the back wheels of the two vehicles are only just resting on the tailgates

(military content for this posting is I was on the ferry becasue I was doing a WW2 museum tour in Belguim that weekend)

And the problem with this is...............................................:rofl:

Talk about over loading a 7.5ton Cargo. How did he manage to get on the ferry without being pulled. I see his number plate is visable. Will have to email this to my mate who is in the Met, nothing like photographic evidence.

Mazda RX7 Kerb Weight 1310kg

Ford Transit Kerb Weight 2200kg

Total is somewhat less than the 4000kg payload of the cargo.

Overweight isn't the issue!

(It'd probably be better with some extra load on the front wheels of the cargo)

Badly loaded is!

Mazda RX7 Kerb Weight 1310kg

Ford Transit Kerb Weight 2200kg

Total is somewhat less than the 4000kg payload of the cargo.

Overweight isn't the issue!

(It'd probably be better with some extra load on the front wheels of the cargo)

Badly loaded is!

Yes, but the load has to be "evenly distributed". The only part of that "load" in front of the rear axle is the cab of the transit, and that's not going to put much weight through the front wheels with the car sagging the rear end.. The whole weight of the car is after the rear axle of the Cargo, and most of the transit is also past the axle. Overweight is the issue - axle weight. It's also an unstable load, and is also well over the allowed load overhang.

Edited by LoggyDriver