What are these parts?

rippo

hello,

Can anyone tell me what these are,

000_0287.jpg

First off thin this might be off a champ, the label has the part number 10 A.S./1736, Spirit level special.

000_0288.jpg

This may also be off a champ somewhere, Part number fv478433

000_0286.jpg

000_0285.jpg

It says large vehicle aromour first aid kit on it dated 1954 ao i'm guessing its a tank first aid kit? I think its nearly complete.

000_0289.jpg

A battery box from something.

000_0292.jpg

And lastly a wheel brace, i'm lead to believe its from a morris.

000_0293.jpg

First off thin this might be off a champ, the label has the part number 10 A.S./1736, Spirit level special.

10AS is a RAF Vocab sub-section covering machinery, machine & mechanical parts other than in Sub-section 10AC, which is unassembled radio items.

I've got some AP1086 vocabs & will look it up as time permits - just back from GDSF.

Battery box looks like it once contained a 12v battery for radio use.

First Aid kit is a standard item for AFV or MT use, and one was carried in a Champ under the dashboard, in front of the gear stick. Used in WW2 and 1950s before being replaced.

I bought a wheel brace like this for from Chris Wilkingson he thought i was a Bedford MW but no

Bought a C8 Morris a month ago and now i have the correct wheel brace

Not sure if his sons are selling off his stock but he had loads of them

john

hello,

Can anyone tell me what these are,

000_0287.jpg

000_0288.jpg

This may also be off a champ somewhere, Part number fv478433

000_0286.jpg

000_0285.jpg

It says large vehicle aromour first aid kit on it dated 1954 ao i'm guessing its a tank first aid kit? I think its nearly complete.

000_0289.jpg

A battery box from something.

000_0292.jpg

And lastly a wheel brace, i'm lead to believe its from a morris.

000_0293.jpg

Sorry my mistake and poor eyesight, it's FV478455

Yes that makes more sense that comes up as 2590-99-866-8154, unfortunately the description line is limited & I only can get:

PLATE CLAMPING MANT....

The NSC 2590 is for misc vehicle components.

Anyway I have cross referenced the NSN on fiche & come up with a DMC (Domestic Management Code) 9ANY

9, or what used to be LV9, is for Standardised A & B vehicles. I can find no trace of 9ANY in any publications & catalogues even up to current. I suspect it is a typo for 9AHY, which covers "Spare parts for heavy tanks & derivatives".

That's as far as I can take it I'm afraid.

Yes that makes more sense that comes up as 2590-99-866-8154, unfortunately the description line is limited & I only can get:

PLATE CLAMPING MANT....

The NSC 2590 is for misc vehicle components.

Anyway I have cross referenced the NSN on fiche & come up with a DMC (Domestic Management Code) 9ANY

9, or what used to be LV9, is for Standardised A & B vehicles. I can find no trace of 9ANY in any publications & catalogues even up to current. I suspect it is a typo for 9AHY, which covers "Spare parts for heavy tanks & derivatives".

At a guess then Clive, it is "Plate clamping mantlet", for retaining the canvas mantlet shroud on a tank, Cent or Cheiftain I suspect.

At a guess then Clive, it is "Plate clamping mantlet", for retaining the canvas mantlet shroud on a tank, Cent or Cheiftain I suspect.

Sounds about right Richard, I was stuck there - couldn't have guessed it, I didn't know what a mantlet was!

i did say it was not MW its Morris and fits my C8 it did have a part number but once its found a home in the tool kit i took it off

soon a box of 50 will hit the stalls so please keep a look out and pass on when they do

I bought a wheel brace like this for from Chris Wilkingson he thought i was a Bedford MW but no

Bought a C8 Morris a month ago and now i have the correct wheel brace

Not sure if his sons are selling off his stock but he had loads of them

john

NEARLY complete?

Within the Kit, First Aid, AFV and MT large, only two items were chargeable, the scissors and the eyebath. Everything else was consumable and in theory could be replaced without having to bill owner for its loss.

Over time, dressings etc got used, but come the kit check by the Troop Sergeant, when he came to call out the Kit, First Aid, AFV and MT large, he would instantly append "Scissors and eyebath." Driver would then wave the box in the air to show he had it, then the scissors and eyebath. If the scissors went deficient ("diffy"), any old pair would be waved in its place.

Kit check over, Troop Sergeant might expect to be given a list of deficiencies from the First Aid Kit and indent for them. But he had more pressing considerations, like tracking down those diffy items that he'd have to bill the driver (and the gunner from his kit in turn) for or make an exchange of buckshees (acquired kit) with Third Troop next door who happened to have all our missing items which mysteriously always seemed to exactly balance out our buckshees and their diffies. Having hunted around the rest of the squadron, he's try his pals elsewhere, see it the RQMS(Tech) owed him a favour, bribe him with a beer - or a crate depending on the cost of the diffy - ot ultimately bill the driver for losing his kit.

So, as to "I think its nearly complete," my answer is, "For the authentic appearance, throw out all the contents except the scissors and eyebath and when anyone asks to look inside, proudly rattle your Kit, First Aid, AFV and MT large.

Oh and yes it's the universal armoured vehicle First Aid kit (which was issued to CVR(T), Ferret and Saracen ACV crews in my experience), also issued to large MT.

Sounds about right Richard, I was stuck there - couldn't have guessed it, I didn't know what a mantlet was!

Looks to me like it ought to attache to a corner of a Cent mantlet. With an internal mantlet and a thermal sleeve on the barrel, I cannot for the life of me see why a Chieftain would have a mantlet shroud fitted.

Usual caveat.

Alien,

Are you casting dispersions about Third Troops honesty re our kit husbandry.

Barry.

No mate, but all my time in sabre troops was spent either in second or fourth and whichever it was, you were one side or the other.

Besides, I did point out that it was a two-way street. Things got relocated, then relocated back. If the owner gets it back, it isn't theft is it?

It isn't like nicking a Chieftain off 3RTR for Sahagun is it? Oh, hang on, though. 3RTR DID get their Chieftain back (eventually) so I guess it IS like nicking a Chieftain off 3RTR.

Then there were the bicycles, the jeep, the bus, the M113 we borrowed for Sahagun in UNFICYP 1976 ...

Why? Guilty conscience? lol