W&p 2010

lightweight

I see on the website that the free entry for IMPS members has been dropped for next year.

Mind you, I had been told that it would cost £50 to enter a vehicle - seems that it's still £25. Just as well, it might have been a very empty field at that price....

I'm still not convinced that I want to pay to take my vehicle so that someone can charge someone else to come and look at it, but I guess that arguements been done to death already. At the end of the day, £25 is £2.50 a day for us - you wouldn't get that on a campsite elsewhere I suppose.:coffee:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see on the website that the free entry for IMPS members has been dropped for next year.

Mind you, I had been told that it would cost £50 to enter a vehicle - seems that it's still £25. Just as well, it might have been a very empty field at that price....

I'm still not convinced that I want to pay to take my vehicle so that someone can charge someone else to come and look at it, but I guess that arguements been done to death already. At the end of the day, £25 is £2.50 a day for us - you wouldn't get that on a campsite elsewhere I suppose.:coffee:

Martin, Not for £2.50 a day BUT:

But you probably WOULD get Toilets that work, Running Water for handbasins, NON overflowing rubbish Bins & Sensibly priced food! :cool2:

All of the above mentioned by me, I now have as personal facilities for my own convienience.

I probably wouldnt have bothered if I hadnt' had the 'Expierience' of this years W&P!

The thing that made the show for me personaly, was the friendliness of other MV owners towards me. Total sociability & 'Kindered spirits' if you like. :thumbsup: In fact, some of the badly missed Cameraderie, I have not expirienced since being in the Army! :) (a BIT like communicating with SOME members on this site!) :coffee:

MIKE

Just checked on the MV Entry form (Friday 4th Sept) and it does say Free entry for IMPS members to enter a vehicle and get 2 adult plus 2 child passes, same as last time.

Phew, Thats alright then Robert! Guess most will have to look forward to: Filthy Toilets, Non running water to the handbasins, Over priced food, overflowing Bins, Etc, Etc........:-D

I don't mind paying 25 pounds for a week of fun and friendships, even the toilets won't put me off.

They bred 'em tough in Netherlands! :-D I'm suprised you can afford it , with the Dancing Girls to keep. :cool2: Anyway next year is the 65th Anniversary of the end of WW2 so there may be some better shows about.

They bred 'em tough in Netherlands! :-D I'm suprised you can afford it , with the Dancing Girls to keep. :cool2: Anyway next year is the 65th Anniversary of the end of WW2 so there may be some better shows about.

I deny knowledge of the whereabouts of the aforementioned Girls...

Martin,

If you download the entry form for next year on W&P site, the IMPS concession is still on it, so long as you have been a mmeber for two consecutive years.

Didn't actually say that, I just noticed the omission. I never actually read the entry form - if it's there, good news!

I too have my own catering and showering arrangements and, as someone said, I like the atmosphere so I'll be there (unless something better pops up of course!)

• 9 months later...

Just sent off my entry form today. I'm taking two vehicles to the show at a cost of £50, then my other half has guests coming down Thurs to Sun so that was another £60 for two adult passes making a grand total of £110 for the week. Then add fuel and food to that and it gets rather expensive. The showers and especially the toilets better be better than last years show!!!

So who on here is going this year then?

we stop in an hotel round corner with swimming pool ect , because of toddler ,we enter w&p site every day as day visitors ,booked passes for week .and they havent arrived and no money gone out of my bank ,:-|

So do they send these passes out before the show then? When you enter with a vehicle you don't get them until you book in. How long ago did you send off for them?

We'll be there, Sabre booked on to the low loader.

You get sent vehicle passes in the mail (ours are here already) and you have to sign for the wrist bands at the booking in tent.

I've only been going since the 90's. That's what I meant, the wrist bands. Veh pass in post wrist bands on gate!!!!:nut:

I've only been going since the 90's. That's what I meant, the wrist bands. Veh pass in post wrist bands on gate!!!!:nut:

If you've been going so long, why are you still paying? If you've been a member of IMPS for more than 2 years you can book vehicles in free and get 2 passes per vehicle. (just checked details and updated my post!)

Edited by sirhc

If you've been going so long, why are you still paying? If you had joined IMPS before a certain date (someone will know the details) you should be able to get in free.

Paid up IMPS members get free entry after 2 years continuous membership, check with IMPS/W&P to see if they are going to continue with this deal.

If you've been going so long, why are you still paying? If you've been a member of IMPS for more than 2 years you can book vehicles in free and get 2 passes per vehicle. (just checked details and updated my post!)

I was a member of IMPS but not any longer, I'm in the MVT and we have to pay.:-(

Might it not be worth rejoining IMPS if the concession is going to run?? Sounds like you would save a lot of money after the 2 years grace!!

I have to be honest and say that I wasn't too impressed with IMPS. There was a lot of politics going on and I can't be bothered with that. I prefer the MVT and Windscreen is an excellent mag. I don't mind paying out at W&P as it's my holiday.:cool2:

• 2 weeks later...