Damyns Hall.

i second that regarding the m26, trailer, and tank i watched them loading on sunday. the amount of effort that took i totally admire their dedication.

I guess they got the trailer unhitched in the end? I left around 6.15 and they were having a few problems with it. I had thought they might hook the Sherman up to the trailer to hold it down.

How many from here going??. I would have taken a vehicle but i haven't booked in,and don't want to be turned away at the gate, so i will be going by car. It was a very good show last year when i took the Ferret. Looking forward to it.

Just so as you know for next year, we never turn anyone away at the gate, you can turn up and book in

Didn't see a Vespa, but saw a broken down Moto Guzzi 'trike'. Thought the Self propelled gun (can't recall US designation - Late ww2 but mainly Korea era) was an absolute monster of a vehicle. Pleased that permission was given by the private owner to bring it to Damyns - understand it's on loan to the IWM and not owned by them.

Didn't see a Vespa, but saw a broken down Moto Guzzi 'trike'. Thought the Self propelled gun (can't recall US designation - Late ww2 but mainly Korea era) was an absolute monster of a vehicle. Pleased that permission was given by the private owner to bring it to Damyns - understand it's on loan to the IWM and not owned by them.

It's an M40 but unless IWM have sold it, it's not privately owned. ISTR it originally came from Rotunda about 20 years ago so maybe on loan to IWM. Can anyone confirm if privately owned?

It's an M40 but unless IWM have sold it, it's not privately owned. ISTR it originally came from Rotunda about 20 years ago so maybe on loan to IWM. Can anyone confirm if privately owned?

Hi

I was there with the M40 both days, taking a break from Duxford. I can conform that it is on Loan to Duxford, from "Firepower" the Royal Artillery Museum. Its been on loan to the IWM for at least 20 years.

Rich

I must have mis-understood. I'm sure I was told privately owned, but either way it's not the IWM's, so good that it was 'allowed' to attend Damyns.

If costs and logistics weren't such a problem, it would be good to see some of the other IWM exhibits having a 'weekend away'. :D

I must have mis-understood. I'm sure I was told privately owned, but either way it's not the IWM's, so good that it was 'allowed' to attend Damyns.

If costs and logistics weren't such a problem, it would be good to see some of the other IWM exhibits having a 'weekend away'. :D

Absolutely! The tank museum do it to a minor degree but a tank show with participants from all the big museums and collections would be excellent!

Sadly Firepowers own M40, priest and M44 no longer run, sexton may do with a lot of work.

But even if they did landlords wouldn't allow it and the bookkeeper would have a heart attack at fuel bill.

Alan,

Around 1997, when the Sexton was at the Rotunda, I did get it running, mainly so that it could go away for cosmetic refurbishment ready to enter the Firepower museum. It was in a bad state and would have needed a lot more work. I did drive it on to the low loader, but understand that the restorers did not run it again and it was pushed into Firepower on its return.

The M44........at the same time I was asked the feasability of changing the engine as the one in it was siezed, but costs were a concern and it was not done.

Edited by Richard Farrant

If you want to see more photos [ approx 73 photos ] of the 2010 show go to www.militaryandflyingmachines.org.uk or the Essex MVT website.

Good photos but where are the photos of the Landys? photos make it look like a WW2 Living history show :(

Second time at this one, what a great show it was too. Flying displays were fantastic.

on the down side was the piss head riding about in the beer tent swigging on a bottle of spirits on some sort of buggy thing, when complaints were made to the so called security just laughed it off, maybe that's because he said he was something to do with a replica plane on display, two nights in a row riding about pissed just not on, thought I was back at Beltring, it only takes one to ruin a good show.

looking forward to next year, keep at it guys :0)

Rob

Didn't see that around the beer tent, but was only there on the Saturday night.

One comment I heard repeatedly was that Damyns is how W&P used to be many years ago - friendly, no idiots, everyone having consideration for others, well-run, etc, etc.... I hope it stays that way as it's a great show, and a pleasure to attend.