Chatham Armed Forces Day

Just to make this clear & save members a wasted journey..

All tickets for Armed Forces Day have now been allocated. Only those who have applied for and received their tickets in advance will be able to gain entry on the day

Just to make this clear & save members a wasted journey..

I am absolutely Disgusted! I APPLIED TO GO & DISPLY MY VEHICLE & A WEAPON SELECTION WEEKS AGO. THE FORMS DULY ARRIVED, WERE FILLED OUT & SENT OFF. I HEARD NOTHING! PHONED THEM YESTERDAY & SPOKE TO A 'CLERK' WITH A CAVALIER ATTITUDE. ASKED IF I WOULD HEAR BACK THE SAME DAY AS TIME WAS VERY TIGHT. REPLY: 'I SHOULD THINK SO'. NOTHING HEARD. PHONED AGAIN TODAY & SPOKE TO SAME FEMALE 'CLERK'. WHEN REQUESTING TO SPEAK TO OGANISER, 'HANG ON I WILL ASK WHATS GOING ON'. REPLY: SORRY IT'S TOO LATE TO DO ANYTHING NOW. WE CANT SQUEEZE ANY MORE VEHICLES IN'! MY REPLY:'SO, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE COMPLIED WITH WHAT YOU WANTED. THROUGH NO FAULT OF MY OWN I CANNOT GET IN WITHOUT TICKETS? ='NO SORRY' . THE ATTITUDE THAT SHONE THROUGH WAS, COULDNT CARE LESS, & WE HAVE WHAT WE NEED SO YOU CAN GO TO THE WALL. THE INEPTITUDE, INCOMPETANTCY & GENERAL LACK OF OGANISATIONAL SKILLS & LACK OF KEEPING EXHIBITORS INFORMED HAS TRULY FAILED TO IMPRESS ME!!! END RESULT: TWO SADDEND & DISMAYED ADULTS & TWO VERY DISAPOINTED CHILDERN! :-(

(CANNOT PRINT HERE WHAT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SAY ABOUT CHATHAM DOCKYARD ARMED FORCES DAY ORGANISERS!) :argh:

I'm very suprised that other members who knew about this event didn't post it here when they heard about it/booked to give everyone the heads up.. First I knew of it is when I see a traffic warning sign on the M25 yesterday..

if any members want to go i have 4 spare wristbands available the only drawback will be you will miss the first parade but should get in for the drumhead service as i wont be getting there till 10.30 ish

first come gets the wristbands

if any members want to go i have 4 spare wristbands available the only drawback will be you will miss the first parade but should get in for the drumhead service as i wont be getting there till 10.30 ish

first come gets the wristbands

Very kind offer David. As for me, as I said in my post. I was geared up for an Interesting display, so 'Foot Patrol' only is not any good for me.

Stuff them! I will be writing a STRONG letter with regards to my feelings towards the Admin side of this event & it's failures.

As Branch Chairman of the British Legion for my Area, I am in touch with a lot of Prominant people. And also other vehicle owners.

Will I recomend this event in the Future.?...............What do you think! :argh:

dont blame the day

the day is to celebrate our forces and other events are going on all round the country

if anyone is intersted please email before 9pm as will be off to bed early so i can get the coach there for 10.30

will miss the parade but thats life

Bloody awful it was full of veterans!! Only joking I’m a veteran myself.

I will post some pic's when I get time this week.

This is my own opinion of the day and I did not go on any of the historic ships as the lines were to long, I have been on them all before and they are well worth a visit.......however.

It was throbbing with people, far too many for my liking. Park and ride was great, when I found it that was. Young couple in front of me waiting to get in were saying they were only going to stay for an hour and a half as they had other things to do....waste of a couple of tickets if you ask me, perhaps a charge would have been better.

Ferretfixer, there was loads of room there for you to display a vehicle from what I saw.

Like to have seen a few more re-enactment camps (all periods), the ones that were there were V good, but for the occasion not enough in my opinion to tell the story of the services. Loads of modern day Army/Raf vehicles which was good to see but not much RN displays. Cadet forces were great as usual.

As the first Armed forces day event I feel it was ok for the general public but as a seasoned military event attendee I thought they could do a lot better in telling the story of our armed forces throughout the years. Perhaps the organizers could encourage more MV owners and re-enactors to attend for the next one wherever it may be.

Would I travel from Portsmouth to Chatham again for this show in its current format, sorry but no.

Ferretfixer, there was loads of room there for you to display a vehicle from what I saw.

I have done some phoning around & it turns out that the 'Organiser' a Tw*t named B** F*****r. Has much previous for cocking things up.

I am informed by another VERY high profile show organiser that has had dealings with him previuosly.

The words, Cock-up, Brewery & Organisation skills lacking were foretold to me!!!! I am not at all suprised, judging from the reception I got!!!

I will be taking the matter further with his Boss!!!

I was booked in to be with Kev lowdons Green Howards as I am the Battalion Armourer Sergeant with that Display Group. I had a lot of rare & Interesting weapons with accessories to display. A lot of trouble & effort had gone into collating my stuff. So to be let down by an Incompetetnt 'Civvy' really Pi**ed me off!!!! This was a Day for Armed Forces & Veterans. And, as a Vet myself, I was extremly disapointed at the Crap organisation in my case! We spent the day on the Beach at Dymchurch which was nice. But most certainly NOT what I had wanted or planned!

I sincerely hope other members had a good day & enjoyed themselves. :thumbsup: