Latest news on the gurkas.

rambo1969

I'm sure you all know what has happened.

I am ashamed to be british!

and me :argh:

signed and sent to all my adoring fans

Its alright for the government to throw unlimited money to people who turn up in this country with no job and no home, they live a good life now. But hey if you fought for this country (and, in my opinion, were/are a member of a fantastic, brave and brilliant regiment) then you can just clear off and sort your self out.

OK, Rosie now steps off her soap box, collects her glass of chardonnay and walks away :shake:

Its alright for the government to throw unlimited money to people who turn up in this country with no job and no home, they live a good life now. But hey if you fought for this country (and, in my opinion, were/are a member of a fantastic, brave and brilliant regiment) then you can just clear off and sort your self out.

OK, Rosie now steps off her soap box, collects her glass of chardonnay and walks away :shake:

Totally agree with you above statment, Rosie;

When will these elected so-called representatives of the public

GET REAL.............:mad:

Through out their campaign to get what should by rights, be awarded automatically, the freedom to call this island their HOME, they have behaved in a fashion worthy of their tradition;..............which makes our so-called representatives of the people's response so shameful; Its my opinion, that the more lawless, and less patriotic you are, the more rights you have..................Disgusting:

Petition signed.

Mods, if this is deemed to political,........well how can it Not be ??

Andy

Signed this petition ages ago..

I fully agree with Rambo and Rosies - indeed, everone elses views here. I had the rare privilege of working with the Ghurkhas when a unit was attached to 21 for a while back in the Seventies. The <censoreds> that form the countries Gov't could do well by taking a few lessons from these men on the topics of loyalty, integrity and oath-keeping.

But I think Desgsy is wishing for the impossible!!

I have had the privilege to work with the Gurkhas a number of times on various Ops/Detachments, i cannot emphasise enough to anybody who is unsure of what the Gurkhas are about "This is a travesty".

I signed the first petition, and wrote a letter to Derek Twigg the Veterans minister at the time, clearly they dont seem to give a damn, Joanna Lumley quite rightly gave a scathing verdict of how the government is treating the Gurkhas, and i fully agree with it.

Not many things get me wound up to the point i write letters to MP's but this is one issue that really grips me, it is just awful that they can treat fine decent people with the highest integrity that way, character traits that the spineless MP's and Civil servants involved lack.

By the way Phil Woolas MP and Immigration minister was the one of the above, justifying the decision.

I for one will be displaying Gurkha justice campaign information during this show season. Infact a T-Shirt from the Gurkha Justice shop is definitely on the cards, and gives them funding help.

Edited by Adam Elsdon

I've signed up. This subject came up in the midle of last year if I remember rightly. I believe it also denied them the right to medical treatment for injuries suffered while fighting alongside our armies.

They served this country well and deserve to be treated with the respect they've earned. They have the right to be here. :)

I worked with the Ghurkas on a few occasisons during my Service time. A more friendly, helpfull, honest, loyal bunch, you couldnt find anywhere else!

Now as one of my 'Activities' as Branch Chairman of the British Legion. I have contact with a large proportion of the Ghurka community.

My branch is one of THE most successfull in the country for bringing a postive conclusion to welfare cases. We handle a lot of Ghurka members cases. I for one, have a soft spot for these Kind, Fine & Proud people who upon occasions, put 'Citizens' of this country to shame!

I am not getting Political, But (Fact) look at the Abdul Hamza situation. It makes a mockery of our system of so-called-fairness!!:argh:

A known/ alledged preacher of Hate & violence towards our Nation & Values. Against Chaps who have put themselves on the line many times for a country which was originally not thier own. I know who I would rather have as a Neighbor! :iloveyou:

RANT OVER! :-D Mike...... :coffee:

and me :argh:

signed and sent to all my adoring fans

Signed this petition ages ago..

I fully agree with Rambo and Rosies - indeed, everone elses views here. I had the rare privilege of working with the Ghurkhas when a unit was attached to 21 for a while back in the Seventies. The <censoreds> that form the countries Gov't could do well by taking a few lessons from these men on the topics of loyalty, integrity and oath-keeping.

But I think Desgsy is wishing for the impossible!!

I dare say I am Neil and if I was to put into print my views on this subject I would probably find myself facing charges never mind being banned from this forum.:argh:

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be saying this but I think it is time for revolutionary action in this country.

Signed.

I thought last year a high court judge had ruled that the governments policy on excluding them was unlawful?

What's happened now?

I spent several months in Nepal a few years ago, and found the Nepalese to be wonderful people, loyal and hard working.

The way our government treat these people after serving our country is despicable.

Namaste.

Nicely put, Mike.

Couldn't agree more............

Adam, is there a web site to get Gurkha justice campaign info/leaflets from ?? (will certainly display some when out and about. :))

Andy

I worked with the Ghurkas on a few occasisons during my Service time. A more friendly, helpfull, honest, loyal bunch, you couldnt find anywhere else!

Now as one of my 'Activities' as Branch Chairman of the British Legion. I have contact with a large proportion of the Ghurka community.

My branch is one of THE most successfull in the country for bringing a postive conclusion to welfare cases. We handle a lot of Ghurka members cases. I for one, have a soft spot for these Kind, Fine & Proud people who upon occasions, put 'Citizens' of this country to shame!

I am not getting Political, But (Fact) look at the Abdul Hamza situation. It makes a mockery of our system of so-called-fairness!!:argh:

A known/ alledged preacher of Hate & violence towards our Nation & Values. Against Chaps who have put themselves on the line many times for a country which was originally not thier own. I know who I would rather have as a Neighbor! :iloveyou:

RANT OVER! :-D Mike...... :coffee: