"Daisy" or "Rust Bucket" depending on who you ask in our house !

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie at Deanfield comercials has them, sorry don't know how much. I ended up with a complete valve from a scrap militant from good old ebay.

Deanfield Commercials

13 Deanfield Court Clitheroe Lancs BB7 1QS.

Tel:+44 (0)1200 429448

he advertises on Milweb, which is where I lifted his address and details from.

Edited by Simon Daymond
spelling

Charlie at Deanfield comercials has them, sorry don't know how much. I ended up with a complete valve from a scrap militant from good old ebay.

Deanfield Commercials

13 Deanfield Court Clitheroe Lancs BB7 1QS.

Tel:+44 (0)1200 429448

he advertises on Milweb, which is where I lifted his address and details from.

Thanks Simon ! :-D

Spent this afternoon cleaning up a set springs and found something I hadn't expected ! A bloody great crack running from the bush about six inches along the spring ! Luckily I have a spare ! Wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't cleaned the muck off !:wow:

DSC07916..jpg

DSC07918..jpg

DSC07911..jpg

DSC07913..jpg

Andy,

Are you sure that is a crack, it looks too straight. I think it is a mark from when the spring material was rolled, before scrapping it, use a crack detecting spray or similar test.

You may well be right Richard , I just jumped to that conclusion as I had another lying around ! I'll have a closer look and let you know ASAP ! :-D Not the first time I've got it wrong and almost definitely not the last !:cool2:

Richard , I have had another more thorough look at the spring and I am 99.99% sure that you are right about the rolling mark ! It does look wider at the bush end but I'm guessing that this is because the roller worked hard at that point ! Thanks for taking the time to post your advice ! It is always welcome mate ! :-D

Richard , I have had another more thorough look at the spring and I am 99.99% sure that you are right about the rolling mark ! It does look wider at the bush end but I'm guessing that this is because the roller worked hard at that point ! Thanks for taking the time to post your advice ! It is always welcome mate ! :-D

No problem Andy.

Hi Andy was just re reading / looking at the pictures / of you restoration and was wondering how your going to get Daisy out of the garden. looks a bit tight not sure how the garden path will look after you have driven over it :shocked:

Hi Rob , It will be a lot more shunting than when she went in as there is a new fence opposite my gates but I am not worrying about that for a while yet !:cool2: I will probably modify the fence a little one way or another !:angel: Hope you and your Scammell are well mate ! Andy ! :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you are doing a "proper job". She's looking really good. I think these are my favourite soft skins, or maybe a militant mkIII, or an RL recovery............. no, definetly the scammel, probably:)

Anyway, the work so far is a credit to you,

Cheers

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
I would have loved to do a restoration like this but not without a shed!! So a on going job is what i have to do rolling resto type thing. trust you have a working oil pump in that axle:cool2:

Well you are still young enough to have another go in a shed when you get old like me Rob ! I have not had the courage to remove the cover yet mate but I will do before she's finished probably remove it really slowly with one eye shut and all my fingers crossed ! :D

Not yet mate.

I think this may be a long term resto:-D. The problem is that it's a 2 hour round trip, so I might

be looking for somewhere closer to home to store the old girl. I need to start looking ASAP.

Clive

protruckservices.com