"Daisy" or "Rust Bucket" depending on who you ask in our house !

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Andy, a few more panels,some odd bits and bobs and a spot more paint and you'll be okay for Llandudno in a few weeks;)

:rofl::rofl: If only my friend ! You can tell fuel is dear at the moment as I have not even considered the ten hour round trip in the Pajero this year :nut: ! I shall rely on you for a full report and photos please ! It is a fantastic show just a little too far away ! :D

Fantastic progress Andy. Looking superb. Don't feel too bad about those shiny palm couplings as thanks to Marvin the Martian I have found some.

I just bought one of those small spray guns as the land rover restoration is nearing completion. Really pleased with the result it gives and so much less hassle than the big gun for small part painting.

Thanks for posting the photos mate.

Daz

:rofl::rofl: If only my friend ! You can tell fuel is dear at the moment as I have not even considered the ten hour round trip in the Pajero this year :nut: ! I shall rely on you for a full report and photos please ! It is a fantastic show just a little too far away ! :D

I can well understand re the fuel cost, it's crippling. Don't know about relying on me for photos, I'll get there if I can but depends on work, just won't stop raining here and we're weeks behind:argh:but will do my best.

Fantastic progress Andy. Looking superb. Don't feel too bad about those shiny palm couplings as thanks to Marvin the Martian I have found some.

I just bought one of those small spray guns as the land rover restoration is nearing completion. Really pleased with the result it gives and so much less hassle than the big gun for small part painting.

Thanks for posting the photos mate.

Daz

Thanks mate , have you got to the bottom of Thor's brake problem that you had previously mentioned yet ? The paint guns are very handy as you can spin the paint pot around when in those tight little nooks and grannies and very reasonably priced on Ebay ! :-D

I can well understand re the fuel cost, it's crippling. Don't know about relying on me for photos, I'll get there if I can but depends on work, just won't stop raining here and we're weeks behind:argh:but will do my best.

Thanks mate , I know you'll do your best ! Its not stopped raining either here since the hose pipe ban after all it is officially a drought ! :-D

I'll take some piccies for you Andy. There will hopefully be four of up there this year. Me, Nick, Julian, And William. I shall take great pleasure at being the most scabby unfinished Scammell on the site:D Really need to re paint the bloody thing but these rallys are to early in the year for painting..:embarrassed:

I'll take some piccies for you Andy. There will hopefully be four of up there this year. Me, Nick, Julian, And William. I shall take great pleasure at being the most scabby unfinished Scammell on the site:D Really need to re paint the bloody thing but these rallys are to early in the year for painting..:embarrassed:

Thanks Rob , Look forward to seeing a line up of Explorers ! Have fun and hope the Sun shines for you all ! No racing around the mountain ! (Unless its all on video of course ) :-D

Just more painted items !:yawn::yawn::yawn: Oh and the new project supervisor ! :D

Brilliant progress Andy, the finish looks top grade, Keep that apprentice keen the Scammell movement needs an equally eccentric next generation as we all are, thats if the kids can afford to run them?

Won't have to bump into these two hanging in the shed anymore , I hope ! Was gonna mount them on rubber tape but it proved to be a bit tricky with one pair of hands ! Probably get one more coat of paint now they are fitted ! Back to paying work for a bit now though !:-(

DSC01768 (2).JPG

DSC01770 (2).JPG

DSC01772 (2).JPG

Looking great. There's nothing more satisfying than actually bolting parts back on when they're all done. Well apart from driving down the road, but you just drive everyone else's anyway!

Just a bit more to go then? I'll have to pull my finger out and get on with my project to catch up! Reality is that life's a bit busy in every respect, so she'll sit outside for a bit longer awaiting lots of TLC!

Jules

• 5 months later...

Just a few update photos showing the new locker body floor and a trial fit of the old main locker door ! Cleaned up the timber behind the spare wheel carrier and have now stripped the clutch for inspection as the next job is to get her engine running again I think :nut::nut::nut:! Replaced the bent self recovery pulley with one from a derelict vehicle that took a bit of Ray Mears bush craft to get to but was worth it as the old one was well bent ! Still having fun and enjoying "nearly" every second ! :D

P1010030 (2).jpg

P1010031 (2).jpg

P1010038 (2).jpg

P1010045 (2).jpg

P1010046 (2).jpg

P1010048 (2).jpg

P1010050 (2).jpg

P1010052 (2).jpg

P1010053 (2).jpg

P1010054 (2).jpg

P1010055 (2).jpg

P1010056 (2).jpg