"Daisy" or "Rust Bucket" depending on who you ask in our house !

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That bonnet is looking good:-D Nice shade of yellow..... Looking forward to see the rest of the truck in that nice bright colour. bet you can't wait to cover all that drab old green primer

:-D:-D:-D I suppose I could leave the bonnet yellow then she'd be a sort of racing Scammell or maybe for airfield use !

how much more work to do before we hear the popping and farting of a meadows petrol engine thundering down the road at 39 mph with smoke pouring out the back cos the exhaust has set the rear body on fire:cool2: (it happened to my friend on the way to a steam rally)

Edited by rbrtcrowther

Thanks for proving that I was right to leave my winch alone, I thought if i got some gun planks in the side brackets no one would be able to see it anyway.:-D never found any planks .......
Have you put the drive shaft back on for the winch yet mate ? Now you are a pensioner you must have all the time in the world ! :cool2:

how much more work to do before we hear the popping and farting of a meadows petrol engine thundering down the road at 39 mph with smoke pouring out the back cos the exhaust has set the rear body on fire:cool2: (it happened to my friend bill on the way to a steam rally)

Well , depends on the recession , if no part-time job lots of time for Daisy but the old catch 22 no spare cash for Daisy ! Realistically still a mountain:shocked: of work but I would like her finished before the Olympics so me and Younggun can use the new running track to have a race ! Trouble is , he's had a practise already according to his recovery video ! No seriously I'd love to be ready for next year but I have said that for several years now so we'll just have to keep at her and see what happens I guess !:-D

Yep, ages ago, then forgot to disengage the drive, good job I had a few feet of rope out when I next started up.:shake: remembered in time..........just

Took one tyre off today with that new air tyre remover bought at Beltring, that tool is the bogs dollocks, so quick! I will time the next one and post pix if I could only find that thread again.

Yep, ages ago, then forgot to disengage the drive, good job I had a few feet of rope out when I next started up.:shake: remembered in time..........just

Took one tyre off today with that new air tyre remover bought at Beltring, that tool is the bogs dollocks, so quick! I will time the next one and post pix if I could only find that thread again.

I think a video would be best mate ! Whats all this talk of Russian tyres then and whats happening to the old ones off Forcefull ? :angel:

Gave up on the Ruskies, cash needed for daughter's wedding, so going with new bargrips bought at Belters a couple of years ago, one old tyre has a cut in tread, one has side wall cut, noticed one is a Stolly tyre, all a bit brittle, changing now to save grief later.

Gave up on the Ruskies, cash needed for daughter's wedding, so going with new bargrips bought at Belters a couple of years ago, one old tyre has a cut in tread, one has side wall cut, noticed one is a Stolly tyre, all a bit brittle, changing now to save grief later.

Heres the thread you wanted mate ! http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?13956-Split-rims/page3&highlight=tyre+bead+breaker

I would like her finished before the Olympics so me and Younggun can use the new running track to have a race ! Trouble is , he's had a practise already according to his recovery video !:-D

oh we,re raceing are we ??? i better put my bigger tyres on then to gear him up a bit :-D

Edited by younggun

Cor! Daisy's looking fantastic Andy. I don't like to say I told you so, but I'm in no doubt that Daisy will be on the road before Thor. Guess that means I owe you a pint when you cross the finish line first :cool2: Just need to rebuild the Land rover and half the house then it's back to work on the Scammell :laugh: Will she still be called Daisy when she's all green?

Cor! Daisy's looking fantastic Andy. I don't like to say I told you so, but I'm in no doubt that Daisy will be on the road before Thor. Guess that means I owe you a pint when you cross the finish line first :cool2: Just need to rebuild the Land rover and half the house then it's back to work on the Scammell :laugh: Will she still be called Daisy when she's all green?
Hi Daz , many hours of "pleasure" still ahead before you need to buy that drink !:-D I will always call her Daisy as it is a term of affection given her by her previous owners and I think it suits her ! Plus it could be unlucky to change it and I'm probably gonna need all the luck I can get when she hits the road eventually !:-D Did the pole barn take shape over the Christmas period as planned mate ? Off up my shed now for some more pleasure ! :nut::nut:

Hi Mate. How about Clover? :-D Don't know about needing luck-if i were you I'd be hoping for a lottery win to pay for the petrol!

The pole barn's not up yet as the site is being used for the farm at the moment. to be honest with the other work I've had it wouldn't have been done yet anyway. Looks like another good year of work ahead too so I think time at home is going to be very limited. Roll on retirement... Take care mate. Daz

• 2 weeks later...