"Daisy" or "Rust Bucket" depending on who you ask in our house !

Looking great, and oh so SHINY! What I find scary is that the painting you have just done looks brighter DBG than your older paintwork. What is it about DBG that makes it do that? Your truck is even under cover. At least she's gloss so you can T-cut the colour if you need to.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking great, and oh so SHINY! What I find scary is that the painting you have just done looks brighter DBG than your older paintwork. What is it about DBG that makes it do that? Your truck is even under cover. At least she's gloss so you can T-cut the colour if you need to.

Hi Jules , Some of the paint has been on a very long time !:blush: I'm thinking of writing a book about Scammell ownership and restoration " Fifty shades of green" !:nut:Given up worrying about all the different greens on Daisy and decided a blow over when she's complete should do the trick ! Hope you and the family are all well mate ! :-D

The "Blow it all over when it's finished" intention is great. That's what I hoped to do with mine, but I'll have to patch up the cab roof, replace the rear floor, finish the bins, repair the downpipe (again!), fix the radiator, and........

It won't matter if you don't go right over it. The grin factor driving down the road, both for you, and anyone who you're sharing the local area with, will be totally unaffected by slightly different shades of DBG!

Jules

that clutch drive face is in better nick than mine.....:(

dont worry rob you could have a clutch face made of rice pudding and i doubt the meadows diesel would have the power to chew that up :D unlike andys petrol power house

great work tho andy so when your finished where do we form a orderly que with out best silppers in hand ?

Ahhhh yes....The mighty meadows petrol engine...That clutch will get some hammer when he's slipping the clutch cos it's popping and farting and spluttering......diesel power will be coming....just you watch.....maybe not straight away but sometime after it's popped and farted to a stop miles from home for the 5th time, diesel will come....:-D

• 9 months later...

Sorry to come into this late - I knew Daisy back in 2000 - 2001 when I was attempting to sell classic cars online and on a commission basis. At that time she was slightly better condition than she was when you got her but had a blown head gasket.

Sold for £1500.

I contacted Vicarys and spoke to a guy there who remembered her as a very useful piece of kit. About 4mpg on the way out to a recovery, a lot worse on the way back. Was often used for pulling artics that had left icy roads and once was involved in the rescue of a stolen mobile crane that had been driven into a lake.

At that time I wasn't involved with military vehicles but even I could see that she was a beast well worth preserving. Bought a Ferret in 2004 after selling a Bristol 410 but that is another story ...

Will Daisy make it to OVERLORD 2014? I'd love to see her again!

Don't hold your breath for 2014 mate , getting time to work on Daisy with paying work and a young family further up the list has made this a rather " STEADY" rebuild :angel: We'll get there one day though , as I also think she is well worth looking after ! :-D

• 9 months later...
Don't hold your breath for 2014 mate , getting time to work on Daisy with paying work and a young family further up the list has made this a rather " STEADY" rebuild :angel: We'll get there one day though , as I also think she is well worth looking after ! :-D

Shame! if you had got her back up to scratch there was work all weekend at OVERLORD towing vehicles out of the ruts they had dug themselves!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...