Normandy 65th

egdod

As normandy seems to be a popular subject on here at the moment i was wondering how

many folk are heading out for the 65th celebrations and are people interested in a HMVF

get together?? my long suffering partner and myself will be just outside ste mere eglise

Dave

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice one joris, will pop along and say hello! we go to normandy every year but 2006 was the last time we were on Omaha at 06.00 which was a tuesday as well,hair standing up on

back of neck stuff!!!!! we are in normandy from april until september so unfortunatley i will

be without the dodge.spare seat anyone??

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
As normandy seems to be a popular subject on here at the moment i was wondering how

many folk are heading out for the 65th celebrations and are people interested in a HMVF

get together?? my long suffering partner and myself will be just outside ste mere eglise

Dave

Dave - I will be going and haven't a clue where I am staying yet but will be on my own - unless Bodge wants to come with me:-D

Really really looking forward to it - so much to see, the vets, the reenactors, HMVFers and some wonderful vehicles and a pint or two with Joris!

Dave - I will be going and haven't a clue where I am staying yet but will be on my own - unless Bodge wants to come with me:-D

Really really looking forward to it - so much to see, the vets, the reenactors, HMVFers and some wonderful vehicles and a pint or two with Joris!

Mate you can stay with us at Vierville sur Mer, we have plenty of space and our campsite looks out over Omaha Beach!

One small problem Jack..........authenticity...........you will have to have a serious haircut before you can camp with re-enactors

:rofl:

:computerrage:

Well I was going to go as a Land Girl - is that OK???

Jack....pick a bar!! tell people where it is and as if by magic HMVF"ers will turn up!

well with any luck they will!!!!

Dave

Dave we will for sure have to meet up for an HMVF 'Liberty' beer - any good at home brew??? :sweat:

Hello everyone,

The Swedish group consisting of 10-12 vehicles (mostly Willys MB's/Ford GPW's and Dodge WC's) will be camping alongside the Big Red One museum outside Coleville sur Mere, a stone's throw from the US Cemetary and Omaha Beach.

We will arrive on June 1st and stay until around June 10th.

I will be riding in my 1944 Dodge WC51 marked as an ambulance vehicle of the Brazilian Expeditionary Force [a far cry from all 101st/BOB marked vehicles ;-)]

(See picture of an original BEF Dodge WC51 ambulance)

My Dodge will be going to the paint shop soon for a complete new paint job.

Recognizing fellow HMVF members:

What about printing out the HMVF-logo (see attached picture), say 5 x 20 cms (aprox 2 x 8 inches) and putting it in the outer upper hand corner of the passengers side windscreen?

As always,

HMVF logo Normandy 2009_600dpi.jpg

Bild 238.jpg