Snow Joke

Markheliops

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or - even simpler - buy a Landrover!!. Then you can get a Sankey trailer with the water tank that straps into it and off you go watering all the horses in the area!! :):)

Been there done that. A Stella Meta filter trailer. All right going UP hill, if you make it. Going down again can get very exciting in this weather. :shake:

been snowing here in Stoke since about 5ish, stopped about 11 ish, wastnt big flakes though, very fine stuff!!!!

Mark

Update, just started to snow again 15.15. took my rover for a spin earlier, most disappointing, hardly any snow on roads at all

2009_02050001.jpg

2009_02050002.jpg

2009_02050003.jpg

Edited by chevpol

Thursday, foggy miserable, slushy and down right nasty. Most dissapointing after the last few days. Still good thing the 101 has pulled her usual last minute pre MOT stunts. First time pre MOT checks have involved, find stepladder to clear roof of snow and thaw out windscreen washer. Still despite her best efforts she is now MOT'ed and taxed. God and weather she will be at Firepower for the Sunday.

Global Warming and Climate Change -

What a wonderful way to raise taxes and increase the goverment coffers -

Or am I being cynical -

Sorry - strayed into politics there for a minute.

As I understand it - the earth naturally warms up and cools down over hundreds of years.

I don't want to start WW3, but just wanted to say no.......... you aren't being cynical, because you've just hit the nail on the head.

People forget that the Earth isn't mounted on a bracket......... it tilts and sways as it rotates so we are sometimes nearer the equator. Anyone who has read about the sun will know that it rotates in an eleven year cycle; and it aint the same temperature all the way round. There is also the effect of solar flares and periods when it gives off more heat than usual. Apparently in the days of the Romans; the climate of England was much warmer than now. There are many things which affect weather (El Nino for one) and it's a fascinating subject and we are only told what experts want us to hear. I'd like to know how the Earth is being surrounded by a mantle of CO2 when it is heavier than air. Dooh!!!! :yawn:

As for melting ice caps........... anyone remember why Titanic sank. Where did those chuffin' great icebergs come from. They weren't supposed to be there. :shocked:

I don't deny that we must conserve our fossil fuels, but new drilling methods have found considerable reserves of oil. We must look after our planet and not take it for granted.

Well thats just my opinion, for what it's worth........ so don't send a lynching party round if you don't agree with me. :):flowers:

As a research scientist of my aquaintance said to me, 'You want a grant nowadays you have to mention Global**** Warming and carbon reducing posibilities of your work'. As he does military enginnering it is a bit difficult. the latest thing being punted is air conditioning, about twenty years ago HFC's were brought in to DA_DAAAAAAAA Stop making holes in the Ozone layer, and that can lead to increased cancer rates. Now OH Dear it is two thousand times worse than CO2 as a green house gas. So lets replace it with a more friendly coolant we'll use DA_DAAAAAAAAA CO2. You really can't make it up. At least most military vehicles, the air conditioning is the gap in the doors and roof. According to the BBC 'Costing the Earth' if you need to recharge the air conditioning on your low emission super tin box, then the amount of coolant lost is the same global warming efect as driving ten thousand miles. So there you go lads! Why should we feel guilty?

Edited by Tony B

With a S3 Lightweight this isn't 63 or 64. But it was about 25 years ago near Four Marks, Hampshire.

In the days leading up to that pile of snow when it was only a couple of feet deep of freshly fallen stuff. My wife was never impressed with the Lightweight or my driving, but I decided to ram my way through with as much momentum as possible. After a few hundred yards we got through it & she actually exclaimed "Brilliant". But after that she has never made about compliment on my driving.:(

Snow02.jpg

Yes, definitely 62/63, started before Christmas 62,we had 27 weeks continuous nights frost where I was living in Yorkshire. Driving home from the pub one night cooling system froze solid and I was using a 50% antifreeze mixture, result of a very hard frost and a vicious wind direct from Siberia. I must have been a lot harder in those days , the car was a 1937 MG TA, no heater and similar air con as a soft top Land Rover.

With a S3 Lightweight this isn't 63 or 64. But it was about 25 years ago near Four Marks, Hampshire.:(

Snow02.jpg

That brings back memories Clive, was the pic of Telegraph lane Four Marks? I used to live nearby, I remember then we were snowed in for several days, the Subaru I had at the time was brilliant in the snow.

Edited by Nick Johns