Stoneleigh 2009

Just got back from Stoneleigh. None of the expected snow on the way back materialised so i should have stayed longer. Great to see so many HMVF members. I know some faces as well as names but putting them together will still be difficult.

Find of the day - none

Quote of the day - Catweasle "I thought you would be older".

Purchases - not much really. A t shirt with the word "Iinfidel" and a trailer socket.

Best part - meeting up with lots of nice people and old friends

Tim (too)

Good to meet you Tim & a few other new faces, as well the usual crowd...

Picked up a few bits for my 25pdr & handed out a couple of thousand Bunker Bash flyers:-D I think Stoneliegh has changed for the worst in the last couple of years...

Hope everyone gets back ok... snow was coming down very heavy in places on the way back, It's snowing quite hard here in Brentwood at the moment..

Yes enjoyed that too! Nice tea break turn out and it was noted that Adrian and N.O.S. didn't make it:writing:

Find of the day - Advice for repairing the GMC :sweat:

Quote of the day - Catweazle telling me that he said to me that he thought. Tim was older...

Purchases - Tea.

Best part - meeting up with lots of nice people and old friends and laughing and releasing that R Cubed is one step away from being a reenactor.

Thought the level of business being done was good.

Yes enjoyed that too! Nice tea break turn out and it was noted that Adrian and N.O.S. didn't make it:writing:

Oh no - more latrine duty for us then Adrian (was that you on Jaap's pitch?).

No excuse - I wasn't supposed to be going, but a chance lead from Tony Corbin on fire extinguishers at 5pm yesterday lead to 2 being brought over from Belgium. So 5.45am start and in carpark by an amazing 8am.

Then straight away I found 2 complete N.O.S. searchlamp assemblies for the back of the tanker - could not believe my luck!

I definitely heard Catweazle at one stage, but when I spun around there was just a big cloud of black smoke.

Away by 12 to beat the snow back to Norfolk. Not too clever here just now.

So really sorry I missed the meet, but hope that my tale goes to show how wonderful HMVF is - by members being prepared to share a little of their knowledge, I now have 4 items that I really thought I would have to cobble together with toilet roll tubes and sticky-back plastic :tup::

So what's your excuse, Adrian?

Actually, Jack told me straight NO WAY was he going to buy me a bacon butty :cry:

Oh no - more latrine duty for us then Adrian (was that you on Jaap's pitch)

Thats very kind of you to volunteer yourself and Adrian as latrine wallah's at A&E, Andy (Lee Enfield) will be forever in your debt. However Andy don't think you've got away free:nono:we'll soon find another delightful job for you.:-D

Edited by Marmite!!
Edit (/quote) Tag

Oh no - more latrine duty for us then Adrian (was that you on Jaap's pitch?).

Thats very kind of you to volunteer yourself and Adrian as latrine wallah's at A&E, Andy (Lee Enfield) will be forever in your debt.

It wouldn't be too difficult to convert the tanker pump to SUCK - so emptying might not be such a problem :idea:

Thats very kind of you to volunteer yourself and Adrian as latrine wallah's at A&E, Andy (Lee Enfield) will be forever in your debt. However Andy don't think you've got away free:nono:we'll soon find another delightful job for you.:-D

:sweat:...........think I've got one, Degsy,......after today, I'm Jacks WALLET MINDER..........:cool2: :rofl:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

A good day meeting everyone,never spent any money but only really came to see HMVF and ACOC people.

Nice to meet

GWT,such a lot of knowledge on a young head :-D

Chappers and his Merry gunround :shake:

Phill P. why did he warn me about Degsy ?

Old Bill :-\

And all the rest hope you had a good journey home,sun all the way.Snow in London now.

stoneleigh2009009.jpg

i reckon they just said Oh bugger look whos just turned up.

stoneleigh2009007.jpg