Sherman Tank Gallery

Jack

The rough Sherman production data which is readily available - simply shown as on a calendar. I'm sure there are some real errors, but I'm simply showing published data from one source. It's amazing what you find to pass the time in an Oil company camp :-)

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The standard M4A4 is not standard , it is a firefly conversion with a 75mm retrofit, so it represents an American tank from the liberation of Mopertingen in Belgium (Americans never used M4A4 in Europe, exept a few flails)

Look at the gun crutch on the front glacis , it is the firefly bracket from the rear deck , the .30 mount is also openned up again , inside still remains of firefly fittings.

Yes forgiven , but it is not fair , I saw the pictures from how the town got it , so I had to see it from a short distance , the turret wich was with the firefly project from the Weatcroft collection is the one wich came of this tank. I was 3 weeks to late to save the Multibank , it went for scrap .

The tank was restored at the same place as the Bastogne Sherman

That first Vc is also, like the one in Mopertingen (the 4th one), a monument for the American liberators, so t has to look like an American Sherman and this was their choise.

The second and third Vc is one and the same Sherman, now located at the camp of Marche en Famenne.

Michel

• 2 weeks later...

a few Sherman's in Britain in preparation for D-Day

Equipment, including tanks, at British airfield before Eisenhower's D-Day invasion of Normandy during WWII. Location: United Kingdom Date taken: 1944 Photographer: Bob Landry

tanksford-day.jpg

Pardon the Halftacks

American Build-Up Of Military Supplies American Sherman tanks, half-tracks for moving men and guns and supply trucks amassed on a English plain in preparation for D-Day Invasion of Normandy. Location: United Kingdom Date taken: 1944 Photographer: Bob Landry

tanksequipmentonplains.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

M4A4 Hermeton sur Meuse

3424611238_1bea13561f.jpg

3424609516_b9581d1de8.jpg

The same story as that one in Mopertingen and Clermont, its a Firefly hull with an other turret placed on. A long time ago, at this place stood the M4A3E2 Jumbo now in Brussels.

3423899203_00946b4f04.jpg

She has the Registration and name of Cobra King, but that Jumbo is for the moment in Vilseck, Germany.

Michel

www.afvregister.org

www.afvregister.org/M7B2/index.htm