MV Education

Papav66

Had an enjoyable morning today, in helping take a group of 43 children round Bob James's WW2 camp.

We are now opening it up to school groups as WW2 is part of the national curriculum & the camp is an ideal place to let them experience the sights and sounds of WW2. So we gave them a tour of the Nissen huts, air raid shelters and learnt about the roles of a few vehicles to include a couple of Jeeps, a Dingo, a Dodge converted to a German troop carrier, Dodge 6x6 & all climbed into the back of Bob's new GMC for a group photo.

They all seemed to enjoy it and managed to complete the questionnaire about the camp so hopefully they now have a greater understanding.

GMC Loaded.jpg

GMC School.jpg

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Your in serious breech of H+S regulations there.:rofl:

H&S.whats that horse siht.this is how the kids go to school in Kano Nigeria.Do them good to have some it over here,

I went to Scout camp with our Troop in the back of a removal lorry, Kent to New Forest in the early 60's, eyes streaming with the diesel fumes, :cry: leaning over the tailboard.

Too much wrapping them in cotton wool nowadays.....

Sounds like a thames trader:rofl:

THe old threepeny bit .i drove one for a couple of years for the John Lewis partnership,i decided i just wanted a job for a while with no responsability or worries,it was great ,good firm profit share ,some of the places we left washing machines etc when no one was at home still make me laugh today.WE also had i think clydsdales for the country runs.

H&S.whats that horse siht.this is how the kids go to school in Kano Nigeria.Do them good to have some it over here,

Totally agree with you CW.

Great work Paul - our whole school systems needs to go back to more hands on education. It works.

I've just taken 60 school kids for a ride around the school playing field in a wartime Jeep and a GMC. I've done it 3 years on the trot without a problem. Every time I see someone doing a fantastic job there's a mention of H&S.

What every happened to "Common sence" when interacting with the public,The kids need a hands on approach it helps them remember easier.

All I see is our freedom being eroded by bureaucratic H&S Bull***t.

Keep up the good work Papav66

I've just taken 60 school kids for a ride around the school playing field in a wartime Jeep and a GMC. I've done it 3 years on the trot without a problem. Every time I see someone doing a fantastic job there's a mention of H&S.

What every happened to "Common sence" when interacting with the public,The kids need a hands on approach it helps them remember easier.

All I see is our freedom being eroded by bureaucratic H&S Bull***t.

Keep up the good work Papav66

Hear, hear............:clap:

You know its not that strange that kids can be ***** their never allowed to do anything that's fun with the frission of risk in a controlled way. It is then supriosng they go for kicks outside of control?

I fully aggree Tony, When I owend my Dennis F8 Pump, many of the local primary schools were visited with both a moden Dennis appliance and my vintage one. The kids were given the opertunity to squirt water and foam about, seeing what avances had been made in equipment in 40 years. Education in anything must aways be fun :yay: :yay: :yay:

Tell me, I might not understand. Show me , I might forget. Involve me, I'll learn and remember. As an example, just spent the weekend down at RLC musuem. Today a guy came in with his grandkids, a boy about ten girl slightly older. Boy was all over things from word go. Girl was a bit yeah yeah , yawn. Couple of hours later saw the guy, he said to me ' Can't get away now, my grandaughter is playing that war game' (Dice and model soldier on table variety) She was totally into it, planning moves, pshycking out her opponets, deep disscusions with her mentor, total commitment. Wait for the screams of 'Militerising youth' from the PC brigade.

Edited by Tony B