Defence Police School Open Day (HANTS)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Hi Rosie by the time we came back you had gone we did see you go by the Fish n chip shop on Hayling tho,we dont arf get about,:rofl:

an airborne trailer converted by Post Office Telephones (GPO) for linesman. I was given one once.

GPO,but didnt know about airborne bit,is that gospel only they were marine ply covered in alli,and mine had Morry minor wheels and brakes.Great trailer tho.

GPO,but didnt know about airborne bit,is that gospel only they were marine ply covered in alli,and mine had Morry minor wheels and brakes.Great trailer tho.

I notice this one has more modern wheels. Yes the one I was given was definitely a converted airborne and you could still see "Post Office Telephones" lettering on it. It was well gone and we already had a trailer, so swapped it. GPO may have converted trailers originally then made them later perhaps :confused:

Rosie

I see the hat's still a bit grubby from the plains :) Hows the neck?

yep have decided to keep the hat 'original' so it just gets a dust off each time I go out and 'plonk' it goes on me 'ed.

Neck is better thanks, have been told-no parachuting, rock climbing, hand gliding etc EVER :shocked: also to take note of notices at theme parks saying 'any back problems shouldn't ride' still get a twinge now and then but I put that down to old age :-D

I notice this one has more modern wheels. Yes the one I was given was definitely a converted airborne and you could still see "Post Office Telephones" lettering on it. It was well gone and we already had a trailer, so swapped it. GPO may have converted trailers originally then made them later perhaps :confused:

This looks like a later one then Richard they were great mine was 40 quid i think.

ha ha :-D

waiting for you to pull the injector from your Cat so we can have a look at it :coffee:

There really isnt any thing to see Richard,you need a picture to get the full story.

enginerebuild081.jpg

I got to wondering what might be under here,all the joints were made in pitch ,so obviously needs to be kept dry.