Defence Police School Open Day (HANTS)

For those of you that have not seen it in the MVT mag, the Defence Police School (ie Tri-Service Military Police) are holding an open day on Saturday 27th September 2008 at the old HMS DRYAD site Southwick Park, Southwick, Hampshire.

The famous D-Day map room will be open along with other MP museums. There will aslo be a Parachute and motorbike display.

Opening times 1200 - 1800 Dont know of entrance price as yet.

For further info please contact 01329 282783

Paul

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highly recomend going to Southwick house or HMS Dryad as it used to be known, i lived in Southwick for 23 years and my ma and pa still do. got in plenty of trouble with the MOD plod over the years playing in the grounds of the site.

dont forget to visit the Golden Lion PH where monty and eisenhower had a few drinks whilst planning D-Day. (worked there during the 50th Anniversary of d-day).

The map room was renovated a few years back as it had hardly been touched for years.

Baz

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had this from the organiser:

"Please be advised due to the huge response to the Southwick Park open day the show will now be opening slightly earlier at 1130. Therefore I have been asked to pass to all exhibitors to please park up by 1100."

Oh fudge... "huge response", eh? Hmph... that's the death-knell for all those myths on how we're taught to beat offenders to an inch of their lives without leaving marks, then :evil:

(Dunno about the other branches of Service Police, mind, they're probably hiding all the manuals talking about flowers and chocolates to offenders prior to arrest :rofl:)

well just got back from a great day today

thanks to the cubes for the brews today and glad to have met so many other members

made a change not being in uniform just regimental blazer and tie but felt as if i was going througth training again and having to remember not to salute all the time

i hope everyone else had as good a day as me

Our pleasure David :)

we had a brilliant time today, sitting around in the blazing sun has worn r-cubed out as he is now fast a kip on the sofa! :rofl::rofl:

Loads of old MVs there, I didnt get chance to look round everything but did manage to visit the map room and found out that the map was made by chad valley (yep the same people who make plastic toys for kiddies!!!!!) also went into the RN police museum.

Lots of nice looking young men in smart uniform about, so I had to keep losing my way and asking them for directions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D:-D:-D

I took the cublets to try the archery and ended up having a go myself, only flippin well burst a balloon on the target with my first arrow!!!!!!!!

Lots of arena events, motor cycle display team, RAF police dog team, military bands, RAF falcons parachute team, gun run. All in all a whole load going on.

A very good day out and hope they repeat it next year

one thing that was amusing was most of the rmp officers all comented on the 80 provost sign and said that they didnt realise that the 80's were now living history as they all mainly remember the times with fondness:sweat:

the lady and gent of cp i take my hat off to both are on 24hr notice and can end up in afgan/iraq at any time yet still took time to talk to everyone:tup::

i hope that this event will take off and be a regular event as a great site and the ques for southwick park house was surprising

Here is what you missed, also very hot nice day out..............

Good turn out of vehicles and a varied selection

IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2362.jpg

Marching Band all in time and keeping pace

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

Tigers Motorcycle display team consisting of young riders

IMG_2381.jpg

Map Room where it went on for D-Day

IMG_2368.jpg

A good variety of vehicles

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2370.jpg

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

enginerebuild039.jpg

This old pig belonged to some bloke who made out he knew all about it,he said it was the oldest one in captivity,likely story.:-D

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

enginerebuild047.jpg

This chap was telling Pat about a plank or something he won at another show.

enginerebuild057.jpg

These two probably getting the same old story.:rofl: