Withams Tender List

snowtracdave

Just had a quick peruse of the next one . Not many photo's up yet but I noted a couple of interesting vehicles - all listed as being the last of their kind in service :

Lot 55 - 101 Ambulance .

Lot 56 - Series II LR Ambulance

Lot 282 Humber One Ton 4x4 Ambulance .

The first two are described as Training Aids and look very sorrowful . There's no pic of the Humber yet .

Just had a quick peruse of the next one . Not many photo's up yet but I noted a couple of interesting vehicles - all listed as being the last of their kind in service :

Lot 55 - 101 Ambulance .

Lot 56 - Series II LR Ambulance

Lot 282 Humber One Ton 4x4 Ambulance .

The first two are described as Training Aids and look very sorrowful . There's no pic of the Humber yet .

I wonder where they have all been hiding?.

well ive got a bid on lot 204 catering trailer

hope i get one this time

Dave I would never consider bidding on anything at Withams without viewing first & then I would always take a photo of what you are bidding on.... never go by the description in the blurb... they are never as described... most of those cooking trailers are just that... trailers only... no burners....

To compete with the Withams, I'm posting a link for the army auction at the nearby Hovemoen, located in Lillehammer. The norwegian army famous for selling off great american truckss and jeeps. But times have changed...

http://www.auksjon.no/nma.dll/Forsvaret

For sale this time, wire, used tires, rubber boats, field kitchens, office equipment, spares for BV206 and MB240, someMB240s, some water trailers and larger Mitsubishi and MAN trucks.

Not a single jeep, not even a Volvo any more. :-(

Marty

Hi Marty, thanks for the link. One of my dreams I'd like to fullfill is having an Hägglund BV206, does Norwegian Army sell them? Swedes are selling them, but so far I haven't been following their auctions so don't know their price range. In what condition the vehicles released from Norwegian Army are usually? Knowing from experience, at least stuff from Finnish Army is usually in bad condition (Northern climate, forests, swamps...).

Btw, crazy how many spare parts are on those pallets for BV206!!

Thanks, Cedric

Hi Cedric!

I know that http://www.olav-teigen.no/volvo.htm sell BV202s, but can't recall if I've seen any BV206s. I can fully understand that you'd like one in Finland. I wouldn't mind one either bu we have rules that won't let us drive offroad with these vehicles.

Not sure how many parts on a pallet, but guess that depends on what kind of parts. The classic vehicles sold earlier were usually in good shape. Looking at the photos of the MB240 I'm not sure. These are of the last lot, so I guess the good ones went first.

Marty

They've got a complete Gloster-Saro UBRE set up in the direct sales section for £3750 :yay::yay: Wish I had the money to put it on the Stalwart!!!

Neil,

You will curse the day, if you did put one on the Stalwart. You know how points can close, get dirty, duff plug, blocked jet, etc, then you will have to lift the damned thing off to access the engine bay :shake:

Hi Marty, thanks for the link. One of my dreams I'd like to fullfill is having an Hägglund BV206, does Norwegian Army sell them? Swedes are selling them, but so far I haven't been following their auctions so don't know their price range. In what condition the vehicles released from Norwegian Army are usually? Knowing from experience, at least stuff from Finnish Army is usually in bad condition (Northern climate, forests, swamps...).

Btw, crazy how many spare parts are on those pallets for BV206!!

Thanks, Cedric

Jacksons had a field full of them last year and their link is http://www.ljacksonandco.com/ if you'd like a look ! :-D

Is anyone planning on going along to the viewing days? I've just been in touch with Withams about the quality of their pic of the LR Wolf spares, or lack of it, and they tell me that they don't plan to take any more pics. I am interested in what is classed as CVRT and AFV spares, so if anyone is going to look would they be able to take pics and have a rummage through some of the stillages? Bit far for me to go - in Aberdeen!

Cheers

Many thanks Andy & Marty!

Do other people find these BV206's tempting? For some reason, since seeing "Shining" (the movie) first time, I got in love with these small tracked vehicles (in the movie was a snow cat)! Actually Sisu also has a very similar looking version, powered with 3.9 V8 Rover or GM 6.2 Diesel. They just have the bad habit of losing their tracks occasionally.

That Jacksons company looks slightly expensive, just by looking the modified vehicles... Anyway, I'll write them a line and see whats the current range.

Remember, I'm moving to UK but have to have one!

Thanks, Cedric

Edited by Sisu

I used to own a petrol BV206.

They are easy to drive, parts are quite simple to find and cheap if you shop around.

They are easy enough to work on, and the various chunks are not that heavy compared with most other tracked vehicles.

I drove mine long distances to shows etc and never had any significant problems. You will want to invest in a pair of ear defenders though!

Withams had a load at one time and they were selling fro around £6000 for a "nice one".

I think the Jacksons prices start at about £10000+VAT for "as is", and heaven knows what for the "restored" versions.

There is one on Milweb at the moment for 10k ono.

Be careful of one that has been in civvy hands for a while. A lot of the oils/fluids are not what you would normally put in the various components!