What do you wear.....?

Jack

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just tried on the bits which SOF sent out to me today, a pair of HBT overalls, a 43 pattern jacket and a Jeep cap.

What can I say well chuffed with it all and better still it all fits.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Cant wait for The Plains

By Law - you have to post a picture please!

By Law - you have to post a picture please!
will try and snap him tonight, you should have heard him last night! He was like a kid with new wellies---didnt want to take them off :-D:-D:-D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

He is soooooooo going to kill me for this!!!!:shocked:

will try and snap him tonight, you should have heard him last night! He was like a kid with new wellies---didnt want to take them off :-D:-D:-D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

He is soooooooo going to kill me for this!!!!:shocked:

:rofl::rofl:the thing is - I know how he feels :)

well i wear correct dress as far as possible to the shows and act accordingly:nono: this is because i represent the rmp and as our moto was "By example, shall we lead". i will not fail the rest and am quite often asked if i am recruting

i will not bring the corps into disrepute:police: for any reason

the normal boots at events are dms but for special shows i will wear polished boots or mirror dress shoes

evening time its civies or dpm trousers and group tshirt

Oh,............and what group shirt is that,..then; David: :cool2:

(at least dpm troosers hide the cider stains,..........:whistle:) :rofl:

:rofl::rofl:the thing is - I know how he feels :)

Went out in public in my kit, for the first time today, good movement of arms and comfy tooo. The local Village had a 40's Day in the square, there was a Weapons Carrier, several Jeeps and my truck had a great time, a bit cold and a bit wet but there you go just like last year, hoping it will get hotter and dryer for The Plains.......:confused:

We went to come home jumped in the truck hit the starter and nothing **** ******** **** ****,,,,, had a search about no problems found so had to be the starter, got the chap in the Weapons Carrier to tow me up hill as well and once on the flat got up a bit of speed and 2nd gear droped the clutch and away we went.

Yes Jeans and a tee shirt, and sometimes a ridiculous red and green mohican!!

20-04-2008210308.jpg

20-04-2008210525.jpg

Left to right Me (with the hair) , MilitantGraham (Mk3 Milly etc) , my wife Andi(Scammell Explorer). Gill Thomas (Ex RAF Germany Magirus Deutz Uranus, Teresa (now engaged :-) to- far right John Atlee (Viscount Prestwood) (Antar and Scammell Contractor)

I do not own a Military vehicle, But I own several EX military vehicles.. and that is what they are, they have spent their time in service and now they belong to me. I am a civilian, and I own them as a civilian. Why should I dress any different if I drive them to a show or my LDV Van to work?

I do not own a Military vehicle, But I own several EX military vehicles.. and that is what they are, they have spent their time in service and now they belong to me. I am a civilian, and I own them as a civilian. Why should I dress any different if I drive them to a show or my LDV Van to work?

Thats fair enough, Mike; :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just recently got hold of a new set of British army FV Coveralls with loads of pockets, in olive green with big brass zips, like a posh boiler suit, and some brand new (well not worn at least!) DMS boots, lovely stuff and not to scary to joe public!

I am contracted to wear HMVF Super Moderator's dress uniform on all occasions. The Tricorn hat gets in the way of my sunglasses when I'm getting in and out of the Iltis. The cavalry boots are a bugger to keep clean and why oh why Jack chose banana yellow for the tunic I do not know. The codpiece doesn't fit either.

MB

It sounds like you need to visit a proper uniform maker and get things refitted people expect you to be professional in dress and manner at all times.

You can't do that if every moment your adjusting this or that or tripping over those long coat tails .

And just for the record I feel the choice of long evening gloves of Deep Bronze Green pillar box red and Gold just ruin the effect of the rest of the uniform

You can rest your case where you like. Oi Pete, when did you see my gloves??? Must have been a Leopard Lodge beano. I know a budding author who's still waiting to hear about your GMC - he's a funny b'stard.

As for you Mr Banner. I've never worn camoknickers in my life. Strictly M&S, me - or sometimes Tescos. Every little helps. Pass the sauce.

MB