What do you wear.....?

Jack

Hi all,

when i take the saracen out i usually wear lightweights,DMS high legs and a 68pattern smock because their quite comfy.If its to a bigger show usually its 68 pattern combats ,DMS ankle boots and puttees and badged RCT.I feel this compliments the overall picture of the vehicle for the period it was in service and adds to the effect if worn correctly.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Guys and ladies

This is an old topic where people discussed what they wear when with there vehicles.

But only 2 people posted pictures. So come on hmvf members lets have some picture of you attenging events and shows in your dress/uniform.

Well here is me in normandy last year leaning on my mates gmc.

Come get the laughing over with now!!!! :lol: :lol:

P1010101.jpg

I normally wear my british battledress to shows but now i have a dodge i have been trying to get us uniform up together to match

It would be good to get on here all the diffrent types of day wear and evening wear people wear during shows.

Best Reagrds

Rowan

• 2 years later...

Jack, what was the outcome of this and did you get anything from Soldier of Fortune, what is their kit actually like ?

I need something apt for wearing in my Jimmy and thought of HBT overalls and a 43 Jacket I already have some boots and leggins, would anyone like to suggest, have seen the post previous but no outcome to it??

Not overly concerned for it being genuine but just close ?

Hi Rich.

Good question and the problem you and I have is our hair :whistle: not everyone is blessed!:readpaper:

This year I am just going to wear a pair off HBT overalls, my jump boots and my A2 jacket with my logo on it that Jesse the Jeep will be painting and Bodge came up with...........:kissoncheek:

It is in keeping with both my truck and my age :readbook:

Not toooo worried about the hair !!!

I was thinking of getting the HBT overalls and a 43 Jacket from SOF, probably a good start, at least they are all green !!!!! We shall see what they look like and how they fit !

Not toooo worried about the hair !!!

I was thinking of getting the HBT overalls and a 43 Jacket from SOF, probably a good start, at least they are all green !!!!! We shall see what they look like and how they fit !

You won't have a problem with SOF......

I have just had a horrible flash of imagination, Jack in leather jacket and helmet complaing about 'dem neagtive waves':shake:

:shocked:.............Gawd, that thought, just as I'm about to turn in for the night;......:rofl:

You won't have a problem with SOF......

I have just tried on the bits which SOF sent out to me today, a pair of HBT overalls, a 43 pattern jacket and a Jeep cap.

What can I say well chuffed with it all and better still it all fits.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Cant wait for The Plains

well i wear correct dress as far as possible to the shows and act accordingly:nono: this is because i represent the rmp and as our moto was "By example, shall we lead". i will not fail the rest and am quite often asked if i am recruting

i will not bring the corps into disrepute:police: for any reason

the normal boots at events are dms but for special shows i will wear polished boots or mirror dress shoes

evening time its civies or dpm trousers and group tshirt