Rubbish ebay Listings

sirhc

There's always a good selection on ebay, I thought I'd start a thread for them! How these people think they'll sell the item is beyond me.

Lets start with this gem!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4x4-wheels_W0QQitemZ260276142078QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260276142078&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&timeout=1218997841905

Chris

There will always be listings like those above on ebay,just a case of buyer beware. One thing I will say is sometimes a poor description can lead to less bids and a bargain can be had if you know exactly what you're looking for!

The listings which REALLY worry me are those for "relics" which have obviously been recently taken from battlefield graves,these are usually German and from Eastern Europe,although I have seen the effects of a WW1 USMC MIA listed from France,"recently dug up on the battlefield".....

Unfortunatley there is a lot of grave robbing. A local guy here was boasting that the Great War helmets he was selling still had 'Bits of brain in them'. Andrew Robertshaw said to me, 'When the artifacts are stolen from a site, any chance of identifiying remains is lost. You have killed the man twice'. Oh so true.

There's always a good selection on ebay, I thought I'd start a thread for them! How these people think they'll sell the item is beyond me.

Lets start with this gem!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4x4-wheels_W0QQitemZ260276142078QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260276142078&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&timeout=1218997841905

Chris

If you read the Q & As under the Bedford chassis, I think you will find he listed the wheels as a 'buy it now' for someone who had asked about the price, so not as daft as it may appear.

I was looking at a listing,I think it's still on there by a guy selling several Series three FFR and GS Land Rovers "for parts only",his pictures are of complete-ish vehicles but he claims he cannot sell the entire vehicles or the chassis,does this make sense? I see no legal reason why he cannot sell a complete vehicle even if it has never been civvy registered.

Have a look at this item on Ebay (warning, parental advisory):

I don't know which is worse,the fact someone actually bothered to list,erm,those items or the fact someone paid au$200 for them!.

It's always good to know such folks exist,makes the rest of us look fairly normal!

Oh yes, hell, i am normal, for sure.

Anyway, there is a Dodge WC 54 ambualnce up for sale. Looks quite nice

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160273559050&rd=1

However, to my untrained eye the body does not look right and i think it came off something else. Expert opinion please. Do we have any Dodge experts? We must do surely.

Tim (too)

Also the area surrounding the fuel filler is indented. That does not look right to me.

According to a Dodge website, this was a modification for a larger diameter fuel filler from October 1943 onwards.

But no, I haven't seen/ noticed one like that before either.

-Roger.

I was looking at a listing,I think it's still on there by a guy selling several Series three FFR and GS Land Rovers "for parts only",his pictures are of complete-ish vehicles but he claims he cannot sell the entire vehicles or the chassis,does this make sense? I see no legal reason why he cannot sell a complete vehicle even if it has never been civvy registered.

mmmm...maybe he had to get rid of the chassis and grind out the engine serial numbers?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...