Scammell S26 Gallery

Do you know what the differences are, I suspect it is more than just pump settings? Does the 350 still use a chargecooler rather than an intercooler?

Mike

Mike,

When Perkins bought the Rolls diesel business, they re-engineered the Eagle, the cyl. block being altered is one thing, from memory. I know the FI pump is different on the 350, from the earlier 270 and 305 versions. My tech data is not to hand at present.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike,

When Perkins bought the Rolls diesel business, they re-engineered the Eagle, the cyl. block being altered is one thing, from memory. I know the FI pump is different on the 350, from the earlier 270 and 305 versions. My tech data is not to hand at present.

Thanks Richard, it must be one of the longest serving engines ever, having started out in the early '50s as the 'C' series and still retains identical bore/stroke dimensions. Antarmike has a C6TFL in the Antar while Unipower used a 400 version in the 8x8 bridging units with a huge remote intercooler. It is still available for industrial applications from CAT who are now the owners of Perkins.

And the CET uses the C6TFR engine. Steve Guest has anither C6TFL in his Ex Raf Constructor. They were used in Railcars and diesel shunters, as well as new installations in marine applications and for Standby Generators...

Mike , I had always assumed that the L and R referred to the accessory positions, but looking through the parts book it is the side of the engine that the camshaft is fitted to. Furthermore it appears that the block is symmetrical end to end and that the crank flywheel and timing gears can be fitted either way round to produce an engine with the cam on either side.

Hi all

This pic was just posted on hmvf on another blog whats the truck in the background?? S26 6x6?? sldt? I have pm the gent who posted for a location and any contact details. I am going to look at the ones in staffordshire grumpy went up there and sait they were ruff but there can not be many around . I am thinking of makeing a artic unit out of one? 6x6 crane instead of the tipper fit a winch? EM!

11.jpg

Hi all

This pic was just posted on hmvf on another blog whats the truck in the background?? S26 6x6?? sldt? I have pm the gent who posted for a location and any contact details. I am going to look at the ones in staffordshire grumpy went up there and sait they were ruff but there can not be many around . I am thinking of makeing a artic unit out of one? 6x6 crane instead of the tipper fit a winch? EM!

That picture is the yard in Stafordshire, if you end up making a project tractor unit I can help with supplying 3.5 in pin double oscilating coupling and a perfect hydraulic winch to go on one of those S26's, nearly did the same thing last year myself but too many other projects on the go.

Its a french AMX13 tank trailer.17ton capacity but can be more as 17t is the frenchspec not max. it is near 10 ton so if you had a 38 ton unit ,3 axle best say 8 ton. 18ton in total so 20 ton??????BEST 8FT7 IN WIDE SO EXEMPT FROM TEST ,3NCH PIN

ITS FOR SALE

Sorry,

but it can either be a 3.5 inch pin or a 2 inch pin.