Hi everyone

been here before but you seem to have moved and changed since I last logged in back in february or march.

Anyway, I'm Campbell - I like green stuff but don't own anything military just now.

My wife's dad has been through the green thing - having owned everything from various jeeps to a K2 ambulance, Dodge Weapons carrier, Big Jimmy, Humber Staff Car, Daimler Dingo, etc. I remember going to Sorn to Bobby MacIntyre's collection and have been to various shows at places like Kemble and Glamis (where my wife's dad's jeep won best in show about twenty-five years ago (reg was TMO ***).

I've a collection of bubblecars and microcars (so any nonsense and I'll straffe you with my Messerschmitt) and work in publishing, based in Ramsbury for work and living in Gloucester.

Best wishes

Campbell

Welcome back Campbell,

We had a big server crash which caused a lot of grey hairs for the mods and admin - except me, it was too late to impact on my natural charm and good looks.

Please have a good look reound and re-acquaint yourself with the Clubhouse broom cupboard. There are some marigolds with your name on them. Cleaning rules are much the same since your last visit. We may make a concession and allow your cars in the ballroom. There's plenty of space.

MB

Welcome return! Do you have reverse on the Bubble cars?,or must we make sure you don't park into the walls?

lol - the messerschmitt has four reverse gears and can go faster backwards than forwards due to the aerodynamics - I once trook it to 35mph backwards in third before I chickened out.

And thanks for saying hi, everyone.

Hi Campbell, would love to have a looksee at your bubble car (can't spell Messerschmitt)

lol - a little trivia for you (sorry if some feel it's off-topic).

ME163 built by Messerschmitt

ME262 built by Messerschmitt

JU87 built by Junkers

JU88 built by Junkers

DO17 built by Dornier

FW190 built by Focke-Wulf

etc, etc, ad nauseam ...

... but Bf109 and Bf110 - why?

lol - a little trivia for you (sorry if some feel it's off-topic).

ME163 built by Messerschmitt

ME262 built by Messerschmitt

JU87 built by Junkers

JU88 built by Junkers

DO17 built by Dornier

FW190 built by Focke-Wulf

etc, etc, ad nauseam ...

... but Bf109 and Bf110 - why?

Bf 109 was the official Reichsluftfahrtministerium (German Aviation Ministry, RLM) designation, since the design was submitted by the Bayerische Flugzeugwerke company, and was used exclusively in all official German documents dealing with this aircraft family. The company was renamed Messerschmitt AG after July 1938[4]when Erhard Milch finally allowed Willy Messerschmitt to acquire the company; from that date forward, all Messerschmitt aircraft were to carry the "Me" designation

lol - the messerschmitt has four reverse gears and can go faster backwards than forwards due to the aerodynamics - I once trook it to 35mph backwards in third before I chickened out.

And thanks for saying hi, everyone.

starting to sound like an M13/40 :-D They were allegedly faster in reverse. :cool2: