Old forum - what would you like back?

Jack

Just had some good feedback with regards to the old forum and the stuff that was lost so just a few notes and questions for clarification:

1. Could you really be as kind as to make the effort as to repost all of your images that you had here before the crash. It really is a massive part of the site and your images are missed by many. The beer is on me at W&P
  2. We will get the spell checker back up - god send!
  3. Have we missed any boards off from the old forum
  4. What is bugging you with the new forum - or it may not be?!

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

OK most of mine still on file,may look a bit odd without your replys,of course you can join in again.Will take a while.Please reply to Jack as i dont want to spend a long time reposting things you werent interested in the first time.Spell check soon as pos please.Cheers CW.:-D

What is bugging you with the new forum - or it may not be?!

I like it, a lot, just one small point though, and I know I'm not alone in thinking this -

An increasing mumber of posts are pictures (and I've put my share up too) which are building up into a fascinating archive for each marque or subject. Now that's great, but without any other input that's all they are, pictures.

What I would like to see is more of the pictures acting as a catalyst for discussion rather than just becoming part of a photo archive, that way we can learn a lot more than simply enjoying browsing through the images. And that needs more input from members. Don't hold back from venturing a comment or two.

Sometimes this does happen, and yes it can go off track a bit. A few members are really good at posting anecdotes, perhaps relating to service days, and I enjoy this, even if I might not post any feedback to say so.

But sooner or later it steers back on course, and we've all learned a bit more in the process :thumbsup:

OK most of mine still on file,may look a bit odd without your replys,of course you can join in again.Will take a while.Please reply to Jack as i dont want to spend a long time reposting things you werent interested in the first time.Spell check soon as pos please.Cheers CW.:-D

John,

It was a bloody shame we lost so much and I know you've had other disappointments to dull your enthusiasm. I haven't posted snaps for a while, but I can appreciate how dispiriting it must have been. Personally, I'm happy to see anything you can be 4rsed to post up because I like diversity. It takes time and you should be thanked for trying again. Just keep the humour going....

it's all appreciated.

Many thanks,

MB

I like it, a lot, just one small point though, and I know I'm not alone in thinking this -

An increasing mumber of posts are pictures (and I've put my share up too) which are building up into a fascinating archive for each marque or subject. Now that's great, but without any other input that's all they are, pictures.

What I would like to see is more of the pictures acting as a catalyst for discussion rather than becoming part of a photo archive, that way we can learn a lot more than simply enjoying browsing through the images. And that needs more input from members. Don't hold back from venturing a comment or two.

Sometimes this does happen, and yes it can go off track a bit. A few members are really good at posting anecdotes, perhaps relating to service days, and I enjoy this, even if I might post any feedback to say so.

But sooner or later it steers back on course, and we've all learned a bit more in the process :thumbsup:

Totally agree with all of this. Nothing to add on that score. I admit to being guilty for being a bit whimsical and diverting things off course from time to time. But it's all done in the best spirit.

MB

I admit to being guilty for being a bit whimsical and diverting things off course from time to time. But it's all done in the best spirit. MB

Just re-reading my post, I didn't word that bit very well - I hope you didn't think I was criticising the diversions - far from it, its all part of the experience that is the forum.

Tony

The important bit is back, the people and the humour.:rofl: Things seem to have expanded so much over the last year, the historical debates, the Great War, really we are becoming a major discussion place for Conflict Archeology, Military history, let alone the vehicles. You just have to look at who has been prepared to give interviews to the site, and the new links with publishers. Jack and the rest have done a tremendous job. The recovery has been excellent, maybe it was a blessing. You never apreciate what you have till it goes.:tup::

Gut too git the spull chucker operation al tho

What about the gallery, idea ??

As for the rest, as previous posters have already said, its getting back to feeling like an old pair of slippers,.........:cool2: worn but comfy. :-D

I feel this is due in part to the amazing folk who inhabit the forum, and impart info and humour,............and also to the relaxed modderaters. After all, we've all the same interests, really.

To Jack and Joris :tup:: well, being English; THANKS.

Andy

Can you alter the time out? I find that if I leave the PC for a few minutes to make a cuppa etc when I return I'm logged out, this never used to happen with the old system. Not a major problem, just a bit of a niggle.:tup::

Can you alter the time out? I find that if I leave the PC for a few minutes to make a cuppa etc when I return I'm logged out, this never used to happen with the old system. Not a major problem, just a bit of a niggle.:tup::

Are you clicking the Remember Me box when you sign in??? if you are it shouldn't log you out:confused:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
John,

It was a bloody shame we lost so much and I know you've had other disappointments to dull your enthusiasm. I haven't posted snaps for a while, but I can appreciate how dispiriting it must have been. Personally, I'm happy to see anything you can be 4rsed to post up because I like diversity. It takes time and you should be thanked for trying again. Just keep the humour going....

it's all appreciated.

Many thanks,

MB

Hi snapper,many thanks,have left it for a while to reply wanted to see what the responce to my question about what members would like to see again.havnt had one reply ,you obviously are like me and have a wide interest.(thats why we are such clever and interesting people:rofl:)Oh well its a lot less work for me.cheers John.

Hi snapper,many thanks,have left it for a while to reply wanted to see what the responce to my question about what members would like to see again.havnt had one reply ,you obviously are like me and have a wide interest.(thats why we are such clever and interesting people:rofl:)Oh well its a lot less work for me.cheers John.

Thought I did reply,..........somewhere regarding Gamma Goat and AWDC truck stuff,..........:confused: (although admitidly, NOT in this thread. :coffee:)