It's not worth it.

Markheliops

Hi all.

Seasons Greetings. :-D

Unfortunately this time of year brings added pressure - Drink Driving.

"Come on, just stay for another."

"Oh dear, can you pop out and get me some eggs."

We in the Emergency Services get to see the results of Drink Driving and the instances increase over the festive period. 9 times out of 10 it's the innocent people who end up getting hurt.

I have no reason to imagine anyone on this forum would intentionally drink and drive but sometimes it's all too easy to have a heavy night and drive the next morning because someone needs something or an emergency pops up (forgot the turkey) :roll:

We are all grown ups here - well most of us are - so please take a second to think of the consequences of driving when you should really stay at home or catch a lift.

You can kiss goodbye to the MV hobby for at least 3-5 years. May as well sell your pride and joy because you won't be able to insure it. Possibly lose your job which could lead to loss of house because you can't pay your mortgage. Other half on your back so she leaves - that's not a bonus by the way -

Worst case scenario - You could kill someone.

Already, we (The Fire Service) have seen an increase in Road Traffic Accidents in the past few weeks and contrary to popular belief - they are not boy racers and youngsters.

They are middle aged adults who should know better.

So please be careful out there.

Have a great Christmas and Best Wishes for 2008. ;-)

Markheliops

Sadly silly people will do silly things and others say "only by the grace of god go I "and refuse to punish those who drink and drive as severely as they should . We as humans pass laws and punishments for the use or abuse of fire arms but look the other way when it comes to Vehicles ......why should they be different . If you drive and are not in control and cause injury or death why is that less than shooting someone ?

God bless those Souls who have the Jobs of dealing with the results, May this be the first Holiday they are not needed.

& then there are the idiots who do thing like this, you probably saw it on the news last night, happened just up the road from me...

Sky News

Missile Theory In Fatal Car Crash

Updated:06:35, Monday December 24, 2007

Police are investigating whether a missile was thrown through the windscreen of a car which crashed in Essex, killing the driver.

The wrecked carThe A127 has been shut in both directions near Brentwood and Dunton since the accident in the early hours of Sunday in which a 40-year-old woman crashed off the road and into a tree.

Police say two drivers who earlier passed the same point on the road reported being hit by stones or rocks.

Police say they are dealing with a possible murder inquiry.

width=180 height=180http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/safariswing/MVs/a06d1679.jpg[/img]

BBC News

Crash police check for missiles

Police are investigating whether a crash in which a woman died was caused when objects were thrown at her car.

Two drivers have told Essex Police objects hit their vehicles at about the same time as the woman's Vauxhall Corsa left the A127 at Dunton near Basildon.

The 40-year-old woman, from Shoeburyness, died at the scene.

A post mortem examination is due to take place. Police, who are carrying out a detailed search of the scene, have appealed for further information.

One of the drivers who contacted police said his driver-side window was smashed a few minutes before the woman crashed into trees beside the road.

The south-bound carriageway of the road was closed for more than five hours as a result.

We had a few stone throwing incidents in the Netherlands this year.

Some stone thrown from a overpass and some being thrown from driving cars to oncoming traffic.

A fatality happened, best I don't write what punishment I'd like to give the ^&%$#@

As usual (Sorry MODS) The law is there Criminal Damage which puts life at risk, and I would contend throwing objects at moving vehicles does just that, is Aggravated Criminal Damage, max penalty Life imprisonment, not some £2000 holiday to see the lions in Africa :angry: :angry: Now £2000 to feed them to the lions :whistle: PS Do I get the Angry Old Git award for the year? :dunno:

Just to reiterate Markheliops original posting, My wife Tina, is a paramedic, based at Ringwood, Hants. Ringwood Ambulance Station is adjacent to the A31 on the very edge of Ringwood. It is so positioned because of the carnage that occurs on that very busy trunk road, and at this time of the year it always increases. It's true that the majority of cases are local people, travelling too close in poor conditions, with impaired judgement, caused by alcohol. But no one ever learns, not even after a headline grabbing incident. I would like to think that she won't be called out on the New Year's Eve/Day night shift. But you might as well believe in the tooth fairy.

Happy New Year to you all. And to the one person that's decided to hang up their keys for the festivities, a big thank you.

The woman was killed by a sniper firing an air gun. That bit of road is notorious for it and sadly HM Plod know who the culprits are but can do flip all about it due to reasons of ....no, I'll have to stop or I'll be breaking forum rules. Fill the blanks in.

My Mother-in-Law was shot in the eye by a sniper with an Air Rifle some 20 years ago when she was standing at her front gate. She lost the sight in one eye and still has the pellet behind her left eye. Police never arrested anyone, but I beleive they had an idea who it was. This all happened in a quiet town centre back street in Reading, Berks.

The woman was killed by a sniper firing an air gun. That bit of road is notorious for it and sadly HM Plod know who the culprits are but can do flip all about it due to reasons of ....no, I'll have to stop or I'll be breaking forum rules. Fill the blanks in.

Hmmm... I think it was the Mirror that said guns were involved... it was confirmed today the cars had rocks & eggs thrown at them... & I spoke to a neighbour who's a copper & he said he knew nothing of guns being used....