FV432 Website

Dougy FV432

Hello All,

Just would like you all to know that in the new year, I'm planning on producing a website for 432s. If anyone has any pictures, information or ideas, they would be gladly received.

One small problem is that I don't know how to make one yet, but that's where Dave C's Dad Pete comes into effect. He has registered the site in my name, we just need to get him to teach me how to get it off the ground, then we'll be away. I have lots of ideas and plans to make it as informative and interesting as possible.

By the way, the site is http://www.fv432.co.uk

And if nobody has any objections I would like to put links to sites like here and plain military.

Thanks in advance

Dougy

Dougy

please feel free to use anything from the Plain Military web pages. I do have some walk around pictures as well, When I track them down that is. I have promised Dave p some pictures but I can't find the disks. If I happen to find some 432s out on the ranges I will keep your web site in mind. Also give Bob Griffin a shout he is the resident expert in all things FV432s.

All the best with the build.

Tony

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All

Haven't had my internet training yet, so no progress yet. Yes Mark I do intend having a register. And the other site does seem to be stagnant at the mo. Which is a shame, I do think there is a need for an active site, hence why I'm going to try! Thanks for the encouragement Tony, I am looking forward to getting it off the ground. Just like everybody else, there just isn't enough hours in a day. Haven't even seen my 432 this year yet!!!! Bob Griffin, now that name sounds familiar, hasn't he written books on vehicles, never seen one for 432s yet. hint!

Dougy

• 3 months later...

Hello All,

I know the website hasn't progressed at all, so much going on. But I did get my lightweight ready for the Plains trip which was fantastic. Still trying to have my internet training, hopefully next couple weeks, please be patient.

Dougy

• 1 year later...

Interesting site!! :)

i liked the bit about

With the mk1, mk2 and mk2/1's the tillers were both braking and steering. Now with the mk3 they are independent systems. The tillers have been replaced by a steering yoke and a separate brake pedal.

The other side were right after all then - the Soviet equivalent, the BMP-1 and it's descendants - all had this arrangement albeit with manual transmission rather than automatic. :):)

Thanks for the quick feedback, chaps. One of the things i still want to get done is put a little caption by each picture, to point out things like that Chris & just generally mention what I thought was interesting in the picture at the time. But I know it is a minefield out there and I want to avoid putting wrong info on there, but I wanted a bit of substance to it for when I first uploaded the site, so I've let the pictures that I have do the work for now. Hopefully other people who have or have had connections with the 432 will pass on pics, info and expirences that we can use on there.

Dougy

Hello again,

Neil, I think they went away from tillers for good old health and safety reasons.

Pop, some 438 pics would be great, well any pics 432 related will be appreciated.

Mark, could you email me with what you want on the ad and a pic then I'll put it on site. Might be a week or so as I'm in the middle of moving house, but I'll get it done as soon as poss, as I've got to update the register aswell. Are you selling to fund a Ptarmigan?!

Dougy

Neil, I think they went away from tillers for good old health and safety reasons.

Correct, you have to have independent service and parking brakes to meet the Construction and Use regulations. In a 432 then the brake bands are just locked on for the 'handbrake' setting - there isn't an independent system, so if it goes wrong then off you jolly well roll.

Related is the oft-repeated tale of woe from the silly tankies trying to speed up track changes by doing them both at once! :rofl:

Stone

Hello again,

Pop, some 438 pics would be great, well any pics 432 related will be appreciated.

Mark, could you email me with what you want on the ad and a pic then I'll put it on site. Might be a week or so as I'm in the middle of moving house, but I'll get it done as soon as poss, as I've got to update the register aswell. Are you selling to fund a Ptarmigan?!

Dougy

Hi Dougy -

The stuff on the HMVF classifieds thread will do. If you need the pics, I can mail them to you or can you cut and paste from the thread.

((Dougy,

The FV432 you have down as a Mk 3 (the one at Withams) is actually a Mk2. It has the K60 pack, steering box etc fitted. It was just built as a demo rig.

Chris))

just been checking the website in the internet to check what needs adjusting and found that i had already mentioned this!!!!

http://www.fv432.co.uk/wwwfv432couk/432mk3pages/432mk3pic7.htm

Dougy

• 4 weeks later...