VCR Act Mk2??????

Marmite!!

I know the VCR Act has been truly discussed on this forum (but sadly not to death) but I thought I would share another unintended consequence of this bit of legislation as related to me by a Met Police office who I met recently. In conversation concerning this Act he mentioned that criminals are now painting their real weapons orange, red and blue colours, so that if they are seen with them, Police Firearms Officers are likely to hesitate in shooting - out of fear of shooting an 'innocent' person. In addition that hesitation is likely to give the criminal a split second advantage if they decide to shoot back as has happened in the USA.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose that's what happens when you don't address the real problem. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. I've never witnessed or heard of a gun discharging itself, there's always some human factor involved. Address the problem with people and all will be fine. You can ban anything but where there's a will there's a way. More people are killed each year by motor cars than by any kind of weapon, yet there will never be consideration given to banning the car as everybody has access to one.

I know the VCR Act has been truly discussed on this forum (but sadly not to death) but I thought I would share another unintended consequence of this bit of legislation as related to me by a Met Police office who I met recently. In conversation concerning this Act he mentioned that criminals are now painting their real weapons orange, red and blue colours, so that if they are seen with them, Police Firearms Officers are likely to hesitate in shooting - out of fear of shooting an 'innocent' person. In addition that hesitation is likely to give the criminal a split second advantage if they decide to shoot back as has happened in the USA.

That was so blindingly obvious I'm surprised it's taken this long for someone to catch on! :(

Andy

• 2 weeks later...