Ferret Finger

Topdog

I have had my Ferret 2/4 for several months now and derived much pleasure from it. Changing a fluid flywheel oil seal when it started leaking soon after I bought it, was the cause of a great couple of days in the workshop (Thanks John). Everyone I spoke to warned me about a mysterious disease called 'Ferret Finger'.

Who would be daft enough to catch their fingers ina hatch???? :whistle:

I wasn't even in it at the time but a friend was looking at it from inside and going faster than my instructions. He dropped the hatch and I stuck my hand out as a reflex. Wrong thing to do :cry:

Note to self, let them break their fingers. I have got off lightly with a bit of blood and two sausages, fortunately no breaks. F*** me, did it hurt though.

Yes, it's very painful. I was sitting on the top of mine in the arena at Beltring next to Lee a few years ago. I had my hand resting on one of the side hatches. Next thing I knew it had slammed shut. It just caught the tip of 2 of my fingers. You can still to this day see the line. The guys in the medical tent sorted me out with some bandages and pain killers.

Of course this was Sunday afternoon, so we were a few hours from driving home. On the way home I was following my dad, who got lost, we ended up stuck in traffic on the M25. I had to change gear with my sore hand, in the traffic I ended up changing gear about 200 times. We also used a full tank of fuel going round the M25. Not a good day all round!

Chris

one of the worst .

In the Scorpion when the 76mm fired and the gunner pressed the firing switch at the wrong time. The gunner is supposed to press on OW of Now, which allowed the Commander to brace for the recoil which was a hell of a kick. If it was badly timed the Sight bashed the Commander in the face, he could end up with Panda eyes, it happened to me especially as I was a IG and had a lot of recruit Gunners.

Barry.

Its also a good idea to remember that you have fitted a bren on your mark 1/2 for the show you have gone to.

This summer I gave myself a nicely bloodshot eye while getting out of the drivors hatch and turning to see the end of the barrel a mm before it hit. Moments later the ferret commander hit his head on the butt of the bren. Very effective weapon at close range the bren.

Paul

Most members of the MMVG have suffered from Rapier Rash at some point when setting up launchers. You get an amazing amount of blood from a scalp wound :-o

Yes, but we still go back for more. :dunno: Also low flying hammers should be avoided. :-D Not to mention Tick surgery.